Adding boosts to amps that don't need it

JiveTurkey

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
I know if I go down that road with the VII, despite how much more MORE it will be :love :chef :guiness :love :chef ;

Animated GIF

MK VII mode with a boost in front would be INSANE :satan

IMUSTNOTDEFATTHEPURPOSEOFA3CHANNELAMP

Errr...
Ok, boosts are made to go with amps.
The Boogie MkVII, at least to my knowledge, is an amp.
So, the only logical conclusion would be: Boost running into MkVII.
That can't be difficult to understand, no?

And let's not even start to talk about more. Because we all know what more is.

Errr...
Ok, boosts are made to go with amps.
The Boogie MkVII, at least to my knowledge, is an amp.
So, the only logical conclusion would be: Boost running into MkVII.
That can't be difficult to understand, no?

And let's not even start to talk about more. Because we all know what more is.
Boo! I am trying to remove drives from the equation beyond what the amp has intrinsically!

I totally agree.
I don't don't like the sound of boosts and drive pedals in front tube distortion, unless the pedal creates 100% of the drive into a crystal clean amp and that's the sound I'm going for.

I'm the opposite I like a mix of amp gain and solid state pedal drive. I don't really ever use a crystal clean amp and find drive pedals can sound quite fizzy that way.

A curated boost into an amp that it's suited for it chef's kiss like a motherfucker. Unfortunately; I am trying to boil down the board and use the baked in amp gain of which there is a metric fuckton.

Yeah I like my pedals for studio use but all the writing and power supplies (I'm being dramatic but still) is a pain. Much easier to be all in box so I get it. But I love boosts lol
I ABSOLUTELY do as well. Hence me thread. I don't want to futz with more for live stuff at the moment so the dirt pedal pile is staying where it is as long as I can hold it off :nails:rofl

I ABSOLUTELY do as well. Hence me thread. I don't want to futz with more for live stuff at the moment so the dirt pedal pile is staying where it is as long as I can hold it off :nails:rofl
I know it doesn't apply to your situation but have you tried an amp with a built in boost? Always wondered how those fair.

Also, are any of your boost pedals battery powered? Could just have one boost no power supply?

Back