The Badlander is such a rock machine.

Yeah I've been recircling the PS100 but none are available and I'd have to return the Stealth to do so. Not quite ready for that.
I think I've already said this before, but Fryette really needs to just sell out to BAD, and let them make the product, since he's incapable of meeting demand. For like, a decade. Anyone remember the GP/DI Kickstarter debacle?

Fryette really needs to just sell out to BAD, and let them make the product, since he's incapable of meeting demand.

Tell me about it!

I have wanted to buy 3 different products from Fryette over the last 2 or 3 years. Couldn't get my hands on any of them. Have thrown in the towel and given up on them now.

Last edited:
I can’t get over how good Crunch is with no boost and just the gain maxed. There isn’t a high gain amp I have were maxing the gain out sounds good but the Badlander feels like they intended it this way.

I really gotta prioritize things. I really want a Tele, would prefer to have a head/4x12 for the band thing and think I need to change my studio monitor situation.

If the Badlander had MIDI it’d be a no brainer, I could hook it up to my FM9 in 4CM and call it a day. I refuse to do the footswitch/pedals tap dance ever again, but I also don’t want to spend more money to ‘plug shit into it to make it work the way I need it to’

If I had a poweramp that could deliver like a 100 watt tube amp, I wouldn’t think about any of this, I’d just run my FM9 into a 4x12.
I agree with all of this. Midi spoiled me, going back to the 80's

I’m going to do the responsible thing and really weigh my decisions.…for the next 2 weeks until my bonus hits my account and I buy the first cool thing I see.
Lol, I don't even know how much of a bonus I'm getting, but it's already spent :rofl

Lol, I don't even know how much of a bonus I'm getting, but it's already spent :rofl

I never do. I know what’s written into my salary, but once we’re out of budget season and the numbers have been crunched, if I did a really good job all year and saved some money, I generally get a little extra. Hahaha I just learned not to count on it every year!

I think I've already said this before, but Fryette really needs to just sell out to BAD, and let them make the product, since he's incapable of meeting demand. For like, a decade. Anyone remember the GP/DI Kickstarter debacle?
Fryette are one of those companies who I really just wish would get their shit together.

I'm a big fan of their amps, and have used a Sig:X on and off since 2011. But fuck me.... I've NEVER experienced such a disorganised chaotic company in my life. They make NeuralDSP look like saints!

Fryette are one of those companies who I really just wish would get their shit together.

I'm a big fan of their amps, and have used an Sig:X on and off since 2011. But fuck me.... I've NEVER experienced such a disorganised chaotic company in my life. They make NeuralDSP look like saints!
They could make a business out of just selling their various tools like the PowerLoad, PS-2/100, and LXII, but they can’t even manage that.

I'm a big fan of their amps, and have used a Sig:X on and off since 2011. But fuck me.... I've NEVER experienced such a disorganised chaotic company in my life. They make NeuralDSP look like saints!

They have moved to a bigger facility just in the past month or so, so maybe..... :idk

They could make a business out of just selling their various tools like the PowerLoad, PS-2/100, and LXII, but they can’t even manage that.

I think part of it is Steven doesn't trust anyone else, runs a small family-centric operation, and doesn't
want to sub-contract out the work. Being constantly overwhelmed with demand, and behind on service
is kind of built into the operation as a result. :idk

Tell me about it!

I have wanted to buy 3 different products from Fryette over the last 2 or 3 years. Couldn't get my hands on any of them. Have thrown in the towel and given up on them now.

And I want a Sig X. :LOL:

And I why didn't I snag up every Pitbull and Ultralead for less than $1k when I saw them all
over the place a decade ago?? :(

I've seen the concerns but never experienced them myself.

I ordered a Sig:X out of the first batch and received it within a week. Had the Fat Mod done at Fryette a few years later and they shipped it back within a week.

I ordered an original Power Station shortly after they dropped and received it within a week. Ordered a PS-100 from Zzounds and it shipped within days of being ordered.

I picked up a Deliverance 120 used for $800, sent it to Fryette for a stem to stern checkup and complete retube, effects loop added, and footswitch jack added for a footswitchable Less/More function. They had it for two weeks and then shipped it back.

Despite the posts I've read, Dave who does Support at Fryette has been responsive to my emails in a timely manner and their repair/mod work has been exemplary.

I don't know what has caused others to experience the issues they've had or what I've done right but so far I've been very happy with them as a company.

And of course their amps have been truly wonderful.

I've seen the concerns but never experienced them myself.

I ordered a Sig:X out of the first batch and received it within a week. Had the Fat Mod done at Fryette a few years later and they shipped it back within a week.

I ordered an original Power Station shortly after they dropped and received it within a week. Ordered a PS-100 from Zzounds and it shipped within days of being ordered.

I picked up a Deliverance 120 used for $800, sent it to Fryette for a stem to stern checkup and complete retube, effects loop added, and footswitch jack added for a footswitchable Less/More function. They had it for two weeks and then shipped it back.

Despite the posts I've read, Dave who does Support at Fryette has been responsive to my emails in a timely manner and their repair/mod work has been exemplary.

I don't know what has caused others to experience the issues they've had or what I've done right but so far I've been very happy with them as a company.

And of course their amps have been truly wonderful.
I probably spoke about it before, but here is the TLDR version:

1. Their forum had a thread about reducing distortion in the clean channel. People suggested swapping out V1 for an AY7 tube.
2. Dave was involved in that thread as an official representative. He never told anyone they shouldn't do this, or it would void their warranty.
3. I tried it, literally for 2 minutes. It made no difference.
4. I contacted the UK distributor at the time to try and get the amp looked at under warranty.
5. Fryette revoked my warranty because I had tried an allegedly unsupported tube - even though most amp techs suggest this kind of thing all the time.
6. I pointed out that this was unfair given that Dave was sanctioning the advise on the forum.
7. I took the amp to my tech friend instead. The distortion was coming from the Rectifier tube. It was faulty. I had no idea.
8. Fryette told me I was a liar and asked for my tech's details. I politely refused.

So that is one thing.

Another thing is, my footswitch would always randomly switch channels depending on what venue I played at. It disrupted a few gigs over the years. Fryette had no suggestions on how to resolve it, and preferred to blame the UK power network instead.

5. Fryette revoked my warranty because I had tried an allegedly unsupported tube - even though most amp techs suggest this kind of thing all the time.

Another thing is, my footswitch would always randomly switch channels depending on what venue I played at. It disrupted a few gigs over the years. Fryette had no suggestions on how to resolve it, and preferred to blame the UK power network instead.

I'd read posts about the warranty being voided due to tube swaps so I always got my tubes directly from Fryette. That solved the issue for me.

I don't know what caused your footswitch problem but the one time I had a problem with my Sig:X I just sent it back to the factory and they fixed it. Clearly that's more of an issue if you're in the UK.

I was interested in REVV amps for a while but the fact that they're made in Canada gave me pause. Same with Hook amps made in The Netherlands. I'm not saying don't buy an amp that isn't made in your country but it's a consideration if you think you'd ever want to send it to the factory for repairs.

Back