The Badlander is such a rock machine.

JiveTurkey

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
So been futzing back and forth between the VII and the Badlander. The Badlander is such a straight up fucking ROCK machine. You can boost it to absolute hell and it will :satan but man; it's just something special. I don't know if it's the el34s or wtf the mojo is but it's killer \m/

The VII is awesome too. Channel 1 Crunch is a beast and MK IV mode is just ferocious and sizzly and wet af. The embarrassment of amp riches here is just nuts.

For gigging, goldilocks so far would be a Badlander with a switchable internal boost. It's a hair less noisy and just obviously more straight-ahead. They both sound ungodly when cranked way up :love:guiness:satan

I'm with you on the Badlander, except replace rock with metal. At any volume so far, this thing just delivers. With the right guitar, it's like a metal meat tenderizer to the face. #TEHBROOTZ :rawk

jive, youre a rock machine. record some more clips
Man; I leave all the real amp clipping to you!
I'm with you on the Badlander, except replace rock with metal. At any volume so far, this thing just delivers. With the right guitar, it's like a metal meat tenderizer to the face. #TEHBROOTZ :rawk
I am betting with some EMGs it would be BRUTAL. My Strat sounds great and if you dig in a bit; downright mean. My Ibby V with DActivators is a bit more naturally evil \m/
Both please! :chef

I need to play one again. I screwed around with one for about 10 minutes at the local shop when it got released, but it was the 112 combo version and I couldn’t crank it. (Or stack an OD with it as the good lord intended)

Have you tried EL34's in the MkVII yet? I'm wondering if this would get (some of) what you love about the Badlander in the same box with the things you love about the MkVII.

I need to play one again. I screwed around with one for about 10 minutes at the local shop when it got released, but it was the 112 combo version and I couldn’t crank it. (Or stack an OD with it as the good lord intended)
I honestly should grab a combo and just swap the stock speaker out and gig the combo on it's own :unsure: I run the dual 112 mini stack for looks just as much as anything but a single 112 is plenty loud in most situations we are in.
Have you tried EL34's in the MkVII yet? I'm wondering if this would get (some of) what you love about the Badlander in the same box with the things you love about the MkVII.
I have toyed around with that idea quite a bit. I need to dig up the documentation on the MK and see which tube slots I can swap the BL el34s for. That would allow me to try 6l6s in the BL while I am at it, too

:rollsafe

I have toyed around with that idea quite a bit. I need to dig up the documentation on the MK and see which tube slots I can swap the BL el34s for. That would allow me to try 6l6s in the BL while I am at it, too
Yeah, you've got everything on hand. Why not? (Famous last words LOL.) From what I've read, you can swap all 4 power tubes. But I've read very little, so do check that manual. :D

Yeah, you've got everything on hand. Why not? (Famous last words LOL.) From what I've read, you can swap all 4 power tubes. But I've read very little, so do check that manual. :D

I have a 50 watt Badlander so really the only thing would be the make sure that VII switch is flipped to el34 and the tubes are loaded in the proper sockets and it gets ran at 50 watt mode only. The VII is crowded af in the headshell so it will probably be "fun" getting those power tubes out.

I honestly should grab a combo and just swap the stock speaker out and gig the combo on it's own :unsure: I run the dual 112 mini stack for looks just as much as anything but a single 112 is plenty loud in most situations we are in.

That really feels like an amp that should have a 212 combo option.

That really feels like an amp that should have a 212 combo option.
meteor_crater.gif

My multiwatt dual recto has fast become my favourite amp. There's just something about it. Plenty of butt punch. I can't get the Helix recto to sound like it tbh. @MirrorProfiles has had good success with it the Helix one as I recall.

I'm a big fan of the Recto's on the Fractal platform. They're proper sex.

I own Neural Cali Suite but don't really use it. I should give it more of a go I suppose.

I would've loved it if the Badlander I pre-ordered back in 2021 HAD ACTUALLY FUCKING TURNED UP ON BRITISH SHORES!!

DAMNED ENGLISH OAK!!

Back