Adding boosts to amps that don't need it

Is this another thread where you wrestle with yourself in public, JT?

Brad Pitt Laughing GIF

:rofl

drumming rock n roll GIF by WWE

I boosted my tweaker with a gunslinger at practice Wednesday. Sounded friggin great! Maybe I’ll try it with the V this week

• Love
Reactions: JT
I boosted my tweaker with a gunslinger at practice Wednesday. Sounded friggin great! Maybe I’ll try it with the V this week
I like the looks of that pedal! What's it based on?

<<insert everyone’s favorite overused Mandalorian meme/quote here>>
This is what I am working with:
pboard.jpg

I'd have to pull the CTL (which engages my octaver). And I'd need a power supply. And want a wah alongside somewhere at the very least.

:facepalm:brick:rofl

I know if I go down that road with the VII, despite how much more MORE it will be :love :chef :guiness :love :chef ;

Animated GIF

MK VII mode with a boost in front would be INSANE :satan

IMUSTNOTDEFATTHEPURPOSEOFA3CHANNELAMP

TS9 makes everything better. J/S

About to remove the CTL pedal from the "modded" GR55 and slap a battery powered Grid Slammer in place :whistle :rofl

The minute I saw this thread I thought "Grid Slammer".

I bought three channel amps with the idea that I wouldn't need pedals with them but the TC-50 really needs the Grid Slammer since the only way to get the gain tones out of the clean channel is by flipping the Drive/Norm toggle switch which to me is impractical when playing live.

I also like using the Megalith Delta with my Sig:X because it has a very similar tone as the amp's lead channel but is somewhat more compressed so when I want that little bit of help when playing leads the pedal is nice.

But I really don't like the idea of using pedals with either of those amps and never have live, only at home.

I see the dilemma and totally get it JT.

The minute I saw this thread I thought "Grid Slammer".

I bought three channel amps with the idea that I wouldn't need pedals with them but the TC-50 really needs the Grid Slammer since the only way to get the gain tones out of the clean channel is by flipping the Drive/Norm toggle switch which to me is impractical when playing live.
I was about to ask you why, since it's 3-channel amp, wouldn't you just leave the clean channel for only cleans, but then I thought, I could see using a drive pedal to take the clean channel to an EOB tone, while leaving the other 2 for crunch rhythms and high-gain lead tones. And/or using it on those channels also, for a Db boost, and simply more tonal variations.

Course, if you're a ride-the-volume-knob type of player, I can also see why you wouldn't want to bother with drive pedals at all. As I sit squarely on the middle of the fence. :rofl

Seriously though, I thought the Mesa TC's had some of the highest gain tones of the Boogie amps.

Back