Is this a legitimate concern, or am I overthinking it?

The one thing that is pretty cool about Mesa amps, in general, is they tend to be biased
super cold compared to other amps. They are definitely not running "hot" in the grand
scheme of things.

I was thinking about that. I’ve had a lot of tubes fail on me at gigs, but it was almost always in amps like Matchless that run the tubes super hot. I’m guessing that an amp running the tubes cold like Mesa isn’t going to have as many tube failure issues.

Last edited:
I can't believe the IEC jack is buried somewhere deep. At least it's not a hardwired cable.

Mesa has some really weird design choices at times.

I can't believe the IEC jack is buried somewhere deep. At least it's not a hardwired cable.

Mesa has some really weird design choices at times.

It’s one of the dumbest design choices I’ve ever seen in an amp.

When I first got the thing it took me about 30 min just to figure out how to get it connected. I had to flip it over and use pliers. I almost had to take it out of the shell.

At first I thought the size of this head was going to on be great, but everything from the tube and IEC access to the tight proximity of the controls makes me actually wish they’d just made it bigger.

Even just making it 23” instead of 19” would have made all the difference in the world

At first I thought the size of this head was going to on be great, but everything from the tube and IEC access to the tight proximity of the controls makes me actually wish they’d just made it bigger.

Even just making it 23” instead of 19” would have made all the difference in the world

Like a Mark V size headshell with a Tweed Mode and an option for Tube Rectifiers.
:idk

:LOL:

Dude..let me guess.. -you’re still thinking about it?
Let go..ot get dragged homie.

You ever see the LEGENDARY 80’s SciFi GORE
movie “Scanner’s”????
Scanners is in my heritage, I can’t do anything about it…pumps through my arteries..
I got it from Dungeons & Dragons..constantly going through modules..taking on Ballzaebull
& the Arch Bishop of all hell & evil..Amadeus.
The taproot of the addiction: “Psionic Ability”
Psionic Ability is much like being “Scanned”..
-like in Scanner’s🤘🏻
I ‘ve decided to post the EPIC explosion scene.

I’d sell a testicle if the gentleman on the right
who’s head explodes like a country watermelon.., was DONALD TRUMP.💯.
Can you imagine the massive amount of GORE
with the size of his head & that big wave of hairdo..
Shit everywhere man.
So the next time your worrying about tube failure at the gig..remember to think of something specific🎯

Last edited:
Dude..let me guess.. -you’re still thinking about it?
Let go..ot get dragged homie.

You ever see the LEGENDARY 80’s SciFi GORE
movie “Scanner’s”????
Scanners is in my heritage, I can’t do anything about it…pumps through my arteries..
I got it from Dungeons & Dragons..constantly going through modules..taking on Ballzaebull
& the Arch Bishop of all hell & evil..Amadeus.
The taproot of the addiction: “Psionic Ability”
Psionic Ability is much like being “Scanned”..
-like in Scanner’s🤘🏻
I ‘ve decided to post the EPIC explosion scene.

I’d sell a testicle if the gentleman on the right
who’s head explodes like a country watermelon.., was DONALD TRUMP.💯.
Can you imagine the massive amount of GORE
with the size of his head & that big wave of hairdo..
Shit everywhere man.
So the next time your worrying about tube failure at the gig..remember to think of something specific🎯

Awesome movie! I have not seen it in 40+ years!!

It’s one of the dumbest design choices I’ve ever seen in an amp.

When I first got the thing it took me about 30 min just to figure out how to get it connected. I had to flip it over and use pliers. I almost had to take it out of the shell.

I'm actually a big fan of the smaller heads. Fitting a 50w or more demon into a 19" rack enclosure is a feat, and I love that pretty much every Mark amp (sans the Coliseum, Mark V, and Mark IV longhead) fit into a 19" headshell that can also be removed and put into a rack. Mesa has done it with most of their amps in the last 10 years, and even the Badlander chassis is only 17" wide, though to your point the headshell around it is bigger (and allows me to throw a Mesa MIDI matrix in there unpreterbed :)

I don't know that it's that hard to get the cable in there in the VII, JP2C, or Road King. I mean, it's tight, and I wouldn't want to do it at a gig, but it isn't too hard to get the extension cable in there. Just as a side note a Youtuber did this with his JP2C a few years ago and documented it, it's a good short vid on it:

Awesome movie! I have not seen it in 40+ years!!
Dude..
The reason movies like this and
“The Andomeda Strain” are crazy good is
the storylines are so bizarre & legit.
They found the nerve box.
Those SciFi gore movies never end well.
The hero might save the world but he’ll def be mangled to shards to some degree or go up on flames.
Those movies make you think vividly for a week or two after seeing them.
You might even experience deja-vu amongst your day and that weird feeling the movie made you feel in your gut ..starts pinging’..kinda’ like your in the movie..
The minimal digital special effects & sheer human desperation..horror..is far more scary & gross then
any digitized gore of today💯
Those movies f*ck you up man.

Back