Is this a legitimate concern, or am I overthinking it?

metropolis_4

Shredder
So I just got this Mark VII and it sounds :chef

But dealing with the incomprehensibly stupid location of the power cord jack (:cuss) made me realize just how tight it is in that shell… and I realized if I ever had a tube go bad at a gig I’d be completely screwed since you have to take that whole thing apart to get to the tubes.

I’m really risk averse with my gigging gear… I feel like I’m going to worry about using this thing live without a backup.

2 is one …

Awkward No Way GIF

The amount of gear that‘s passed through your hands and you’re going to start changing tubes at a gig instead of plugging in a Stomp?!?

Every amp I owned in the past I could just reach in, pull out the bad tube, plug a new one in and I’m good to go.

I suppose having a Stomp would cover the backup thing for most situations

Every amp I owned in the past I could just reach in, pull out the bad tube, plug a new one in and I’m good to go.

I suppose having a Stomp would cover the backup thing for most situations

I’ve always kept the back panels on mine, I’ve never had a tube shit the bed at a gig but I‘ve always had a backup regardless. I also broke a tube on my first tube amp removing it, so I might baby the removal process a bit more as a result and removing hot tubes at a gig just sounds like a nightmare to me. :ROFLMAO:

Pull off the tube cage and roll like that. Fwiw; I bitched about the iec port location immediately. I left the cable plugged in and it stayed there.

So I just got this Mark VII and it sounds :chef

But dealing with the incomprehensibly stupid location of the power cord jack (:cuss) made me realize just how tight it is in that shell… and I realized if I ever had a tube go bad at a gig I’d be completely screwed since you have to take that whole thing apart to get to the tubes.

I’m really risk averse with my gigging gear… I feel like I’m going to worry about using this thing live without a backup.
Sure, you can think your way into a problem.
That’s actually the taproot of the problem.
-you need to ‘raise the rent in your head’
with this “Phobia of the V1”…
It’s rock-n-roll man..play that Cowboy G chord
like it’s your last because someday it will be the last time you strum it.

I get it though and had an amp with these f’n guards over the first 3 preamp tubes screwed in with FOUR fiber-like screws.
****-PLEASE.
The manufacturer got a heated call from me man,
because I did experience tube failure and sliced
the side of my palm at the gig.
Punk Rock right?
Wrong,…Cream & I was Clapton.
Actually needed 5 stitches, so I get it my man!

So..I’m always on both sides of the equation in life.
-with wisdom posting up along the middle.
(Longtime student, graduate & student AGAIN,
of The School of Hard Knocks).

Sure, you can think your way into a problem.
That’s actually the taproot of the problem.
-you need to ‘raise the rent in your head’
with this “Phobia of the V1”…
It’s rock-n-roll man..play that Cowboy G chord
like it’s your last because someday it will be the last time you strum it.

I get it though and had an amp with these f’n guards over the first 3 preamp tubes screwed in with FOUR fiber-like screws.
****-PLEASE.
The manufacturer got a heated call from me man,
because I did experience tube failure and sliced
the side of my palm at the gig.
Punk Rock right?
Wrong,…Cream & I was Clapton.
Actually needed 5 stitches, so I get it my man!

So..I’m always on both sides of the equation in life.
-with wisdom posting up along the middle.
(Longtime student, graduate & student AGAIN,
of The School of Hard Knocks).

b4e24776-d663-4de7-b7c0-fb627017078e_text.gif

Back