NDSP (finally) announces plugin support for the Quad Cortex

Lysander

Shredder
Screenshot from 2023-09-27 16-43-33.png

Excited Arrested Development GIF

See https://neuraldsp.com/quad-cortex-u...quad-cortex-development-update-september-2023 for more details.

1. Pumped that the first one to be released is one I already own! LFG :ROFLMAO:
  2. Tempered enthusiasm because it’s still requiring a plug-in update “in a few weeks”, followed by a CorOs update “in the future”.
  3. The batches every few months means this likely takes another 6-9 months (if not more) for them to catch up to every plug. Sweet Baby Jeebus I pray to thee that the the SLO and Cali plugs will be in the early batches.
  4. Everything before Petrucci is a complete ground up rebuild according to them, which further drives home the point they were being slimy pieces of shit at launch selling the feature as “shortly after launch”.

Last edited:
I don't quite understand why they have to improve the architecture of the existing plugins on computer when it seems they are still having to port them to run on the QC.

fantastic

they must have added another dev to the case, bet they got them working in shifts now!!

Tempered enthusiasm because it’s still requiring a plug-in update “in a few weeks”, followed by a CorOs update “in the future”.

Exactly. I can't believe it's still just another announcement about an upcoming announcement. Yet I can believe it, at the same time, as it's just how they roll.

1. The batches every few months means this likely takes another 6-9 months (if not more) for them to catch up to every plug. Sweet Baby Jeebus I pray to thee that the the SLO and Cali plugs will be in the early batches.

Boy, you're being generous on the timing. Do you really see a relatively smooth rollout if they're making the QC-compatible versions of these plugins before (!) the firmware that can run them is finalized?

I don't quite understand why they have to improve the architecture of the existing plugins on computer when it seems they are still having to port them to run on the QC.

Honestly it wouldn’t surprise me if they had to remodel everything from the plugs (amps, pedals etc) using the processes they now use for QC models.

Honestly it wouldn’t surprise me if they had to remodel everything from the plugs (amps, pedals etc) using the processes they now use for QC models.
Then it seems silly to start from those older plugins, if plugins from Petrucci onward are on a newer architecture that is potentially more compatible.

Boy, you're being generous on the timing. Do you really see a relatively smooth rollout if they're making the QC-compatible versions of these plugins before (!) the firmware that can run them is finalized?
Reading between the lines it looks like the Plini update will come in October and then the next 0.X CorOs update will actually add compatibility. (And they said they will have a couple more compatible by then) So I’d guess EOY for the first batch, and then the better part of 2024 for the remaining waves to catch up to all the plugs.

Back