Neural DSP - Cortex Control beta, CorOS 2.2 released

I think context matters a lot when it comes to endorsements.

In this context they don’t mean jack to me. The QC is NDSP’s first piece of hardware, to see them pop up in touring rigs immediately was fishy. In all my years of nerding out on gear and rigs, I’ve just never seen it happen before. A pedal is one thing, you can swap out a delay pedal or whatever during a gig, but if the main thing that makes the sound goes down and stops the show, that’s a big issue. Without having any proven track record, seeing them in touring rigs just screamed “sponsored” to me within that first year.

That was on the onset, in that time the QC has not proven to be a reliable piece of hardware for everyone and I’d be REALLY interested to see the over/under of RMA’s at this point. Anyone can go see all the screenshots I’ve posted previously of bricked units, buzzing/crackling units or the blue lights of death. They aren’t small isolated incidents, you can go into the FB user group at any given point and you’re only a couple posts away from this-

View attachment 13666
View attachment 13667
View attachment 13668
View attachment 13669
View attachment 13670
View attachment 13671

It’s mind blowing to me how a whole community of users can see that happen regularly and the only thing they really have to say is “Support is really great though, they got me a new one in 2 weeks” This should NOT be the bar we hold “professional” gear to. I can absolutely see if this just popped up a couple times, but I think I‘ve got enough screenshots of this crap in the last year to show it’s not just a small amount of users.

So no, the endorsements of 3-4 people who got their units for free, have backups and most certainly have a number to call and have a new unit shipped out immediately without hassle don’t mean anything. While it’s certainly possible the endorsees haven’t had any issues, (except Intervals, unless switching entire rigs mid tour is just something they do for fun) we wouldn’t even know if they did. At the most it’d be Rabea talking up how great support was in helping him out with a new unit, when you know damn well Rabea wouldn’t be making a video for support if he had an issue, they’d just send him a new one.
Good Lord...I think maybe it's time to re-consider. And time to re-visit something else... I do have an LT but I'll be keeping that.

Good Lord...I think maybe it's time to re-consider. And time to re-visit something else... I do have an LT but I'll be keeping that.

If the QC interests you, do some digging on your own and don’t just rely on one of my posts. I have no problem admitting I’m most certainly King Naysayer when it comes to the QC, that’s just as proven as NDSP’s RMA’s :rofl

Check their Unity forum, their Discord, see what actual users are experiencing and how they’re enjoying it. Plenty of people love the thing and if it’ll get you to be the creative musician you want to be, it’s ALL good. Personally, I don’t trust the company and I can’t in any logical way trust the hardware itself after seeing all I’ve seen.

Just know you're rolling the dice to some degree, but I guess that's true for any relative newbie in this space? They just have a spotty track record for A) showstopping hard-to-replace bugs and B) getting to the root of these issues once and for all.

As long as yours pans out and you tune out their prettaaaay prettaaaay bad public communication, the QC experience is a largely positive one depending on your particular use case.

In the interest of having a fully informed opinion, if nothing else:

FM3.jpg

a83213d0-9678-464b-b36e-e1ba9d440791_text.gif

scanners-head.gif

(Thank you, @Whizzinby!!! IT ARRIVED 2 DAYS EARLY! And in perfect condition, of course.)

Last edited:
Yup, I had those two side by side on both ends of my QC journey, and the latter guided me gently to an FM9.

Curious to see where you're at in a few weeks. Fractalism seems to be quite contagious 'round here.
And if I do persist in preferring the QC...

scanners-ironside.gif

Until then... I now own 3 top tier (whatever that means?) modelers. Will I face the wrath of @timbuck3?

@mbenigni

Pro tip: Figure out how to import block libraries (drop them under your Edit folder) and import Leon’s pronto, they are the ultimate cheat code until you demo and figure out all the various block effects.

I find it's much easier to buy nothing than to resist the "upsell" reflex when I finally decide to buy anything at all.
Insert "at this point; I don't know a guy with a III but I do know a guy who is pondering a rack case or just velcroing a guitar synth on top and setting it on top of a homemade Badlander headshell" meme here

Insert "at this point; I don't know a guy with a III but I do know a guy who is pondering a rack case or just velcroing a guitar synth on top and setting it on top of a homemade Badlander headshell" meme here
Good news (potentially) for the guy with the FM9: I have pretty much zero interest in rack format. Unless I find myself touring stadiums in the near future.

Just curious...why do you type in such small font ? < this is 15

I think context matters a lot when it comes to endorsements.

In this context they don’t mean jack to me. The QC is NDSP’s first piece of hardware, to see them pop up in touring rigs immediately was fishy. In all my years of nerding out on gear and rigs, I’ve just never seen it happen before. A pedal is one thing, you can swap out a delay pedal or whatever during a gig, but if the main thing that makes the sound goes down and stops the show, that’s a big issue. Without having any proven track record, seeing them in touring rigs just screamed “sponsored” to me within that first year.

That was on the onset, in that time the QC has not proven to be a reliable piece of hardware for everyone and I’d be REALLY interested to see the over/under of RMA’s at this point. Anyone can go see all the screenshots I’ve posted previously of bricked units, buzzing/crackling units or the blue lights of death. They aren’t small isolated incidents, you can go into the FB user group at any given point and you’re only a couple posts away from this-

View attachment 13666
View attachment 13667
View attachment 13668
View attachment 13669
View attachment 13670
View attachment 13671

It’s mind blowing to me how a whole community of users can see that happen regularly and the only thing they really have to say is “Support is really great though, they got me a new one in 2 weeks” This should NOT be the bar we hold “professional” gear to. I can absolutely see if this just popped up a couple times, but I think I‘ve got enough screenshots of this crap in the last year to show it’s not just a small amount of users.

So no, the endorsements of 3-4 people who got their units for free, have backups and most certainly have a number to call and have a new unit shipped out immediately without hassle don’t mean anything. While it’s certainly possible the endorsees haven’t had any issues, (except Intervals, unless switching entire rigs mid tour is just something they do for fun) we wouldn’t even know if they did. At the most it’d be Rabea talking up how great support was in helping him out with a new unit, when you know damn well Rabea wouldn’t be making a video for support if he had an issue, they’d just send him a new one.

Calling you Drewkakke from now on.

Back