NDSP Quad Cortex price is now decreased

Agreed. I mean, the only way to know for sure is to give it a test drive, but I feel pretty confident that - best case scenario - I'd come away wanting to keep both the TMP and the QC. (Maybe better that I don't find out LOL.) The more likely outcome is I wind up sending the TMP back and sticking with what's been working for me.

But since you brought it up, I'll just mention that I still get lost trying to search for captures and drop them on the QC's grid sometimes. It's not whack-a-mole anymore, but it's still not... good. It's like they designed three different mediocre solutions to replace their previous terrible one, and I'm forever losing my bearings. I would have been so much happier with one mediocre solution. (One excellent solution is too much to hope for LOL.)
There hasn't been much that I have seen or read about the TMP preset and IR management either. This stuff is frankly terrible on all modelers.

There hasn't been much that I have seen or read about the TMP preset and IR management either. This stuff is frankly terrible on all modelers.
True, although TMP might be a step forward on preset management by virtue of the whole song/setlist paradigm. I do like the idea of building out songs as collections of presets (and setlists as collections of songs), and then having everything gradually improve, globally, as I work out the kinks in my presets.

Plus TMP doesn't have the added dimension of captures to "worry about". That's such a vast amount of content, and NDSP just put no thought whatsoever into presentation at launch. Thereby immediately tripping over their own ****s. :facepalm

True, although TMP might be a step forward on preset management by virtue of the whole song/setlist paradigm. I do like the idea of building out songs as collections of presets (and setlists as collections of songs), and then having everything gradually improve, globally, as I work out the kinks in my presets.

Plus TMP doesn't have the added dimension of captures to "worry about". That's such a vast amount of content, and NDSP just put no thought whatsoever into presentation at launch. Thereby immediately tripping over their own ****s. :facepalm
Fractal has songs/set lists too and I think even the QC does?

I tried to talk myself into buying the TMP, just to kick the tires on it, but honestly as much shit as we give Neural (deservedly) I honestly couldn’t come away with any other opinion then the QC is the vastly superior device. Better form factor, I think the block/grid view will prove more efficient than the skeuomorphic approach, capturing, wireless, more amps and effects. Other then launching with an editor, and not being named Neural, it just doesn’t seem to be on the same level. (ATM, IMO)

Which of course has nothing to do with it potentially eating into their sales regardless of advantages it may hold. :ROFLMAO:
Same boat here. The TMP has a better footswitch spacing, integrated PSU, and no Neural. But from what I can tell, its UI and sounds are simply lacking compared to the QC, so it's a no go for now... at least not for brand new pricing. Give it to me used and I'll try it.

The TMP copied the Boss architecture/UI, and the QC's HX architecture/UI is better :rofl:banana

Fractal has songs/set lists too and I think even the QC does?
The QC has setlists, which are just folders containing presets. These presets are unique to each setlist, as opposed to being pointers to shared presets that can be edited globally. I don't know about Fractal, but I assume the TMP's songs are more comparable to Kemper Performance mode banks.

The QC has setlists, which are just folders containing presets. These presets are unique to each setlist, as opposed to being pointers to shared presets that can be edited globally. I don't know about Fractal, but I assume the TMP's songs are more comparable to Kemper Performance mode banks.
Fractal uses the "pointers to presets" thing.

Songs consists of links to one or more presets and scenes. Each song can have 6 links (sections). Songs can be organized into setlists. FC footswitches can change songs in order and present the various sounds needed for named song sections (intro, verse, solo, etc.).

In other words, Fender Tone Master Pro beat them in like every category on the first day of its release. Goodbye QC.

Really ?? Beat them (QC) in every category ? That's funny, I read somewhere that you had 2 Quad Cortex units.....

What happened ? You had a TMP and you sent that back....what will you get now ?

Last edited:
I THINK fractals fm9t dowside from all i read is its flow/gui...if it had the qc/tmp gui it would kill the others...no?

The “should be 1k” cheaper talk is kind of silly. You aren’t going to get a really high quality physical unit, with comprehensive I/O, a good on-device touchscreen - rotary endcoder setup, with a lot of horsepower under the hood, for “1k less”. That’s fantasy land. Now whether “insert company” software/feature set meets the level of expectation for the price is another question. The TMP price seems fine to me from a high level.

Back