NDSP Quad Cortex price is now decreased

Bundle and Save
Wave Hello GIF by Progressive
Anita Sarkeesian after she's kicked off Patreon, trying to get back in.

Competition is a good thing.
Generally speaking, I agree. I just hope NDSP continues to move enough units at a sufficient margin as to remain motivated to improve the QC's firmware. If TMP takes off, and QC sales decline, they're that much more likely to orphan the QC. And they weren't exactly flooding the internet with updates before this...

Generally speaking, I agree. I just hope NDSP continues to move enough units at a sufficient margin as to remain motivated to improve the QC's firmware. If TMP takes off, and QC sales decline, they're that much more likely to orphan the QC. And they weren't exactly flooding the internet with updates before this...

I wouldn’t be worried. Their revenues have been steadily growing, enough to at least comfortably believe that they will see it through to the initial vision of the device. (Editor + Plugs)

Where shit will get real imo is when Line 6 and Fractal release a next gen device that undercuts Neurals main selling points (On-device UI, form factor, wireless capabilities, capturing etc) They’re looming, and could eat Neurals lunch.

Once I have my plugs though:

If He Dies Ivan Drago GIF

Well, customers always have the recourse of returning within the window and repurchasing. Typically, no one - including the reseller - wants to go through that hassle/expense, and so an adjustment credit will be issued.

But this sudden about-face on pricing does give the impression that TMP has QC on the ropes.

I wouldn’t be worried. Their revenues have been steadily growing, enough to at least comfortably believe that they will see it through to the initial vision of the device. (Editor + Plugs)

Where shit will get real imo is when Line 6 and Fractal release a next gen device that undercuts Neurals main selling points (On-device UI, form factor, wireless capabilities, capturing etc) They’re looming, and could eat Neurals lunch.

Once I have my plugs though:

If He Dies Ivan Drago GIF
Yes, NDSP will always have $$$, because plugins are profitable for them. But I'm hoping the QC platform in particular has some legs. Better alternatives from Line 6, Fractal, etc. are inevitable, but as TMP illustrates, they won't necessarily suit my own needs as well as QC has. (I still prefer QC over TMP in terms of form factor and - believe it or not - the DC power input jack.) But NDSP being forced into a lower profit margin on a unit they were already largely neglecting... does not bode well.

Yes, NDSP will always have $$$, because plugins are profitable for them. But I'm hoping the QC platform in particular has some legs. Better alternatives from Line 6, Fractal, etc. are inevitable, but as TMP illustrates, they won't necessarily suit my own needs as well as QC has. (I still prefer QC over TMP in terms of form factor and - believe it or not - the DC power input jack.) But NDSP being forced into a lower profit margin on a unit they were already largely neglecting... does not bode well.
Yeah I have a feeling next-gen Line 6 is going to be fucking killer. They've managed to keep Helix rolling so long, and they've learned from themselves and others what works and what doesn't. Like, laptop power supplies. Those are not good.

Yeah I have a feeling next-gen Line 6 is going to be fucking killer. They've managed to keep Helix rolling so long, and they've learned from themselves and others what works and what doesn't. Like, laptop power supplies. Those are not good.
I'm a little less black-and-white about the whole power supply thing. I know the general consensus is that NDSP fumbled on execution, and maybe they did. But I think there's a lot of grey area and confusion where different design issues overlap - in terms of grounding, noise floor, etc.

And there are pros and cons to weigh in terms of internal PSU and IEC vs. external PSU and DC on barrel jack. No, I don't like wall warts or laptop bricks - who does? But I do like the fact that the QC is as powerful as it is and weighs in at 4lbs, and I do like the fact that I can run it with a rechargeable battery strapped underneath my board.

QC vs TMP vs Helix vs FM9... It all depends how/ when/ where you intend to use them.

I'm a little less black-and-white about the whole power supply thing. I know the general consensus is that NDSP fumbled on execution, and maybe they did. But I think there's a lot of grey area and confusion where different design issues overlap - in terms of grounding, noise floor, etc.

And there are pros and cons to weigh in terms of internal PSU and IEC vs. external PSU and DC on barrel jack. No, I don't like wall warts or laptop bricks - who does? But I do like the fact that the QC is as powerful as it is and weighs in at 4lbs, and I do like the fact that I can run it with a rechargeable battery strapped underneath my board.

QC vs TMP vs Helix vs FM9... It all depends how/ when/ where you intend to use them.
Bro, do you even lift, bro? :D

I tried to talk myself into buying the TMP, just to kick the tires on it, but honestly as much shit as we give Neural (deservedly) I honestly couldn’t come away with any other opinion then the QC is the vastly superior device. Better form factor, I think the block/grid view will prove more efficient than the skeuomorphic approach, capturing, wireless, more amps and effects. Other then launching with an editor, and not being named Neural, it just doesn’t seem to be on the same level. (ATM, IMO)

Which of course has nothing to do with it potentially eating into their sales regardless of advantages it may hold. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah I can see pros and cons to the power thing. DC jack is great on a pedalboard but awkward if used as a standalone unit. I have seen some folks saw holes into their Temple Audio boards to fit the IEC cable for a Fractal FM3/9 through. Or make custom cables that are stuck into the board.

I tried to talk myself into buying the TMP, just to kick the tires on it, but honestly as much shit as we give Neural (deservedly) I honestly couldn’t come away with any other opinion then the QC is the vastly superior device. Better form factor, I think the block/grid view will prove more efficient than the skeuomorphic approach, capturing, wireless, more amps and effects. Other then launching with an editor, and not being named Neural, it just doesn’t seem to be on the same level. (ATM, IMO)

Which of course has nothing to do with it potentially eating into their sales regardless of advantages it may hold. :ROFLMAO:
Agreed. I mean, the only way to know for sure is to give it a test drive, but I feel pretty confident that - best case scenario - I'd come away wanting to keep both the TMP and the QC. (Maybe better that I don't find out LOL.) The more likely outcome is I wind up sending the TMP back and sticking with what's been working for me.

But since you brought it up, I'll just mention that I still get lost trying to search for captures and drop them on the QC's grid sometimes. It's not whack-a-mole anymore, but it's still not... good. It's like they designed three different mediocre solutions to replace their previous terrible one, and I'm forever losing my bearings. I would have been so much happier with one mediocre solution. (One excellent solution is too much to hope for LOL.)

Back