Quad Cortex plugin support officially goes from "soon" to "eventually"

Just realized the downside of ordering direct from IK versus e.g. Sweetwater. Can't find anything on return policy beyond the "All sales are final" text in my email receipt. Not surprising considering so much of their revenue is per software attach rate. I just wrote customer service, but I've been sitting on this thing for about three weeks now, and I'm probably pushing my luck.
I read 90 days for the warranty or working as expected. You could say it isn't performing as you thought, which is true.

screenshot-from-2023-03-08-17-03-50-png.4847

7dqhur.gif

Shifting the discussion back on track :stirthepot ...

View attachment 4847
Yeah this is about what they should have put in that original blog post to make it less easy to misinterpret.

I guess that Cortex Native is reserved for something else. Plugin suite to use all NDSP plugins in one?

Yeah this is about what they should have put in that original blog post to make it less easy to misinterpret.

It's not that i enjoy whining about it, but that (NDSP's) statement is a bit gaslighty. Cresp's update from a week ago said that NDSP was diverting resources from other projects to focus on plugins, and now it turns out they meant new product projects all along?

The difference between the two is significant. Not sure what ever prompted the original update if this is sincere - who cares about products which aren't even announced yet?

Last edited:
So… they still can‘t manage to port their plugins to the hardware, but are planning to make a plugin version of the hardware‘s software? :idk
if your going to fail
Hahahaha they’re damned if they do, damned if they don’t-

They try to communicate after customers complained about the lack of communication but can’t line up their own communication.

“Hey guys, let me clarify some things-

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Got it?”

Also, I’ve noticed Doug isn’t the one doing these updates. I wonder if someone sat him down and said “Please let us handle communication as our ‘No problem’ and ‘Absolutely!’ check book is deplete and the bank’s ain’t giving us anymore.“

Here is the thing when you tell the Truth you get consistent answers
When your your trying to hide or spin a tale or embellish You get several answers

On the positive side at least they did not call the QC editor Native and steal another tag line from Line6

Cortex Control is at least original
Errr wait 🤔

Not sure what ever prompted the original update if this sincere -

My guess is they are starting to get some heat from within their user circles. When they started teasing the IIC the amount of comments with “Archetype: Update Your Old Plugins” and “Archetype: Plugins on QC” were notable. Just a guess, considering their history of communication or lack there of.

My guess is they are starting to get some heat from within their user circles. When they started teasing the IIC the amount of comments with “Archetype: Update Your Old Plugins” and “Archetype: Plugins on QC” were notable. Just a guess, considering their history of communication or lack there of.

Precisely why I just suggest perspective buyers go look at three areas; Discord, Unity Feature Request/Bug Reports pages and the FB user group. You can’t look at one without seeing discontent from a growing number of users and when all three are looked at, it’s the most telling view of where the unit currently sits, a rough idea of how many units are being RMA’d and their return times, how they handle their customer service and what expectations can be made from them as a company.

While I fully agree that the loudest voices in the room are generally the most wound up, I believe anyone with half a brain can read through the posts/threads and remove the more over the top comments and still have a very revealing collection of info to go off of.

Precisely why I just suggest perspective buyers go look at three areas; Discord, Unity Feature Request/Bug Reports pages and the FB user group. You can’t look at one without seeing discontent from a growing number of users and when all three are looked at, it’s the most telling view of where the unit currently sits, a rough idea of how many units are being RMA’d and their return times, how they handle their customer service and what expectations can be made from them as a company.

While I fully agree that the loudest voices in the room are generally the most wound up, I believe anyone with half a brain can read through the posts/threads and remove the more over the top comments and still have a very revealing collection of info to go off of.
Wouldn't you rather watch the "How to control your QC with a $495 midi controller and power it with a $300 power supply!" instructional videos?

Back