Gojira X Launches

Mongillo19

Rock Star
Archetype: Gojira, a plugin that aimed to encapsulate the sonic diversity of one of the world’s most influential metal bands.

Archetype: Gojira X is the evolution of that monumental endeavor. It continues to traverse the expansive musical terrain that the band's legendary compositions have explored. From serene and contemplative clean tones to the most ferocious and annihilating high-gain settings, Archetype: Gojira X offers a multitude of options.

With Archetype: Gojira X, we empower artists to explore the modern tools required to give life to their musical visions. This evolution mirrors the band's growth and success over the years, as they continue to redefine and expand the boundaries of metal.

✅ A free update for existing Archetype: Gojira owners
✅ Global features added: Transpose, Doubler, Metronome, Live Tuner
✅ Redesigned UI and higher quality visual assets
✅ Improved system performance
✅ Quad Cortex compatibility when Plugin Compatibility launches

Redesigned UI and higher quality visual assets
Single most Important aspect for the Toanz !!
Spying The Cw GIF

I’m sure this thread will be positive and uplifting.

Comedy Fail GIF by The Weekly with Charlie Pickering

This is found money for owners of the plug. Can’t hate free.
Unless they've severely changed the quality of the modelling in order to fit it onto the QC, like has been claimed about the Soldano plugin - iirc.

Unless they've severely changed the quality of the modelling in order to fit it onto the QC, like has been claimed about the Soldano plugin - iirc.

I think you mean the Plini X plug. I A/B’d them with a DI and didn’t hear any meaningful difference. I’d have to go back and test it again to refresh my memory since it was so close.

The SLO was actually remodeled on the QC itself. They haven’t given the plug-in the X treatment yet. I’m super interested in seeing how that turns out since I used that so heavily for clean tones. :bag

Last edited:
I’m sure this thread will be positive and uplifting.

Comedy Fail GIF by The Weekly with Charlie Pickering

This is found money for owners of the plug. Can’t hate free.

I think any "X" update makes perfect sense and should be applauded. I'd be a little concerned that this is all they have to talk about until sometime in late summer/early fall, given that the last real model additions were in August 2023.

A contentless year in the "prime" of a top-tier device is....troubling.

I think any "X" update makes perfect sense and should be applauded. I'd be a little concerned that this is all they have to talk about until sometime in late summer/early fall, given that the last real model additions were in August 2023.

A contentless year in the "prime" of a top-tier device is....troubling.

These sometimes get framed almost as “future QC content” rather than as plugins first and foremost. (I’ve been guilty of that myself when I owned the QC and was a little more invested in the porting aspect) But, its entirely possible to own and use these and not have a single care about the QC. From that perspective I don’t see how it’s anything other than great to get an update. (I like finding myself in that camp now, FREE UPDATE, YES! lol)

Otherwise, I agree, I’d be pretty nervous about the QC content pipeline. (Same as always, lol)

nahhh it sounds good still, as does Plini. Gojira is one of their best tbh.

Wasn’t the Soldano model in the QC based on an original one, and the plugin is a BAD V2? and they changed the model in the QC?

There’s enough bullshit to pile on NDSP for but their amps sound good in both plugins and the QC

I think any "X" update makes perfect sense and should be applauded.

Hey, free is the best price - but, "X" branding aside *snarks in Elon*... this is a relatively minor update for existing users? The transposer/double feature carried over from other NDSP plugins is cool thou.

Holy shit, is that 1:20 minutes of noise on boot a thing for people?! Mine never did that, i would've flinged it out a window otherwise.

Only until they send it back to Finland! “But don’t worry, support is great“ is the new “it fits my needs” :rofl

Is that the noise issue? Glad mine doesn’t do that!

Gojira didn’t do much for me but the Plini X plugin was awesome. Just adding the chorus was great.

I’d like to see a metronome added to the QC along with the doubler and transpose functions. Would be really handy.

Back