NDSP (finally) announces plugin support for the Quad Cortex

Was supposed to come out Sept 2020 :p

I'm not trying to willfully find issues, but I come across issues all the time. I'm in various gear groups and forums for all the major modelers, and nothing else pops up with the catastrophic issues the QC has with any sort of frequency the QC has.

Try to willfully find and propagate issues for other modelers, see what you can come up with... I bet it's not weekly reports of catastrophic failures.

No user-known issues, but there could be, who knows. I wonder if a lot of these catastrophic failures are still due to the SD card. Maybe it's getting loose or losing connection despite the little holder they affixed in later revisions, or maybe just using prone-to-corrupt memory, etc.
Always skimp on the power supply and storage. Duh!

IMG_1186.jpeg

IMG_1187.jpeg

For users who have already had their units repaired, NDSP has just told them it’s a “connector board issue”

But this thread is exactly what I’m talking about- https://unity.neuraldsp.com/t/quad-correx-crackling-noise/11940/27

This is a known issue that’s been happening for months. It’s not just 5-6 units, it’s dozens and that’s only what’s been seen on social media. Stuff like this indicates it’s a pretty big issue if we’re not even seeing whole other groups of people reporting it.

IMG_1188.jpeg

But if you read that entire thread, there isn’t one single rep from NDSP telling people they’re aware of the issue and they know how to fix it, despite both those things being absolutely true. My assumption is they just hope they get through all the fucked up units and people forget about it, like the “boutique PSU’s”

A step in the right direction, but I’m gonna hold out until the “removed Ozymandias quote from PCB” update before I think about giving them a second chance

What does that quote say specifically? I've tried googling and everyone just references it without saying what it said.

I prefer to live in a world from 6 hours ago when at a glance one might interpret the update to mean plugins are probably end-of-the-year’ish. :ROFLMAO:

Elric is probably right that this is still 6 months from being realized, and Mikah is correct that when you really dig in to what they said, it reads a hell of a lot closer to the sort of soon-not-soon communication they have been guilty of since the jump.

So gents, what about that ENGL Special Edition Founders Edition? Looks sweet. :rofl

Oh come on now, I’m sure NDSP has all their ducks in a row and wouldn’t just photoshop some pics and add an ‘X’ to an existing plug-in to drum up some news. They’ve NEVER done anything like that before when something didn’t even exist or hadn’t been implemented yet.

Oh come on now, I’m sure NDSP has all their ducks in a row and wouldn’t just photoshop some pics and add an ‘X’ to an existing plug-in to drum up some news. They’ve NEVER done anything like that before when something didn’t even exist or hadn’t been implemented yet.
So if I understand this correctly
NDSP is giving all there owners a free Plini X plug 🔌 in that is compatible with their QC
Only , they will have to wait for an update to implement compatibility at a future undisclosed date ?

It’s can’t be this , really ?
Modeller wars is going to to be off the charts this month

NDSP is giving all there owners a free Plini X plug 🔌 in that is compatible with their QC
Only , they will have to wait for an update to implement compatibility at a future undisclosed date ?

Looks like they’re going to give one away while the rest will have to be purchased. Going to get interesting when there’s plugin-specific effects that are held behind a paywall.

It’s a bit tough for me to choke down “We’re giving this away for free!” like they’re throwing users a bone after this amount of time and their “aggressive updates”.

Last edited:
As of yesterday the mods on Discord were still acting clueless about this exact shit and telling people to start a support ticket, knowing support will make them film a video of an issue they ALREADY KNOW IS AN ISSUE and go through the whole song and dance as if it’s a new thing.
That's our NDSP modsTM

Pretty sure when they say it’s a “we will release Archetype: Plini X… free update for existing users,” they mean it’s free for those who have purchased Archetype: Plini plugin already.

QC has a lot of potential. the models are kind of :sleep: but the compressors are :chef. no way are they going to be able to upsample on hardware enough to get the same sounds as the VSTs tho. they did say they had to go back and basically redo everything from scratch with the modeling process so maybe that will show up in better sounds overall

Unless they already know it's their first and last modeler at that price range

it probably is, the 'neural' shtick is on display with the candy bars at every check out aisle now and the actual modeling was already behind from the get go. maybe the plugin ports will bring substantial improvement? the plugins aren't models tho, they are all high res blackbox. at least they were at first

Back