NDSP (finally) announces plugin support for the Quad Cortex

And the optimistic side of me believes these things will improve. Pete Thorn currently has a flyrig board centered around the QC he uses
when he's not using 2-3 half stacks. Rabea is having success using the QC...I'm sure there are many others.

This unit will get better...
i hope so as right now i would go with it over the tmp because for some reason i trust that qc will actually support this longer and better.

Can they release a follow-up, though? They've barely made full use of the current platform.

A QC variant (rack, stomp-sized, etc.) is much more likely IMHO, but who knows.
This is what they excel at
Why finish the first half baked product , when you can release a second one ?

Joking aside they have already trademarked Dual Cortez ,

Eh, not trying to take anything from the QC which is very compact... but nowhere near the pedalboard-friendly Stomp.

View attachment 13541

A "Dual Cortex" in that form factor would be extremely cool.
Figure if you kept the 6 footswitches cut off the other and shifted screen left so it lined up , moved the volume knob to the back , they could make it more compact
And dual Cortex one path

Sure, I wasn't being literal. But the QC falls somewhere between the HX Stomp and FM3, both of which have 3 switches vs. the QC's 10. I'm pretty happy with that compromise.

I agree a Dual Cortex would be cool. But it would have to come in at about half the price of a Quad Cortex, which is probably not feasible.
I would actually be interested in a dual cortex one path 8 or 10 blocks like stomp , maybe slightly smaller screen 6 footswitches I don’t think it’s would have to be 50% cheaper
I think they could do 999- 1099

Oh hai guys!

So are plugins running on this thing yet or not???
Aidy Bryant Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Hey brothers. Good to see you. Just been really swamped on the business side of things. Leaving no time for forums. But it’s better than the alternative.

Good to see this place thriving. And LoL - no surprise that a September announcement of plugin support coming was yet another “soon” tease. “Please don’t leave or buy the new Fender modeler - plugins are coming plugins are coming!!”

Hey brothers. Good to see you. Just been really swamped on the business side of things. Leaving no time for forums. But it’s better than the alternative.

Good to see this place thriving. And LoL - no surprise that a September announcement of plugin support coming was yet another “soon” tease. “Please don’t leave or buy the new Fender modeler - plugins are coming plugins are coming!!”

Hope all is well, brother!!!

i hope so as right now i would go with it over the tmp because for some reason i trust that qc will actually support this longer and better.
Hard to say. One thing we can be sure of: FMIC isn’t going anywhere. But as slow as NDSP has been in supporting the QC, it’s still possible that Fender will support the TMP the way Roland/Boss supports most of their products, i.e. version 1.0 is (essentially) what you get.

Bottom line: both QC and TMP are regarded by many as having too few effective amp models, but QC can capture while TMP cannot, and that’s a huge distinction.

Last edited:
Back