NDSP (finally) announces plugin support for the Quad Cortex

The good news is that we now know they were being completely honest when they said plugin porting would occur shortly after launch. They just forgot to mention that the architecture and employees to make that happen would arrive "in the future"....

Reading between the lines it looks like the Plini update will come in October and then the next 0.X CorOs update will actually add compatibility. (And they said they will have a couple more compatible by then) So I’d guess EOY for the first batch, and then the better part of 2024 for the remaining waves to catch up to all the plugs.

I dunno....a 0.x update that's doable in the next 90 days typically isn't referred to as arriving "in the future." For reference, they've been teasing this announcement of an announcement with specificity since, what....July?

The good news is that we now know they were being completely honest when they said plugin porting would occur shortly after launch. They just forgot to mention that the architecture and employees to make that happen would arrive "in the future"....

100% Slimy Pieces of Shit

I dunno....a 0.x update that's doable in the next 90 days typically isn't referred to as arriving "in the future." For reference, they've been teasing this announcement of an announcement with specificity since, what....July?

Unbridled optimism is contagious :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
FWIW as a user I am cool with meta-announcements like this and am glad they are doing them. People were raking NDSP over the coals for being radio silent for a long time while they were getting the QC sorted and then when they do provide development update communications unless it is an actual release the hardcore modeling crew complains.

So at this point, they cannot win over those folks who no longer trust them, fair enough, they made their bed.

Given that, as someone who has had the luxury of holding onto one since it was released into the wild half baked, I like these updates... having a picture about what their priorities are and what is next for the platform is nice as an owner. At this point, I'd say no one who has been following the unit since the beginning has unrealistic expectations about the pace that they are producing stuff.

FWIW, if they enable even one plugin on the actual QC before EOY, I'll be absolutely stunned; but it is nice to know how the UI is going to look (they have sent that in an email update) what to expect, re plugin updates, and the sequence of events, etc.

I DO expect the editor to beta this fall... and that should be fun to knock around.

I suppose if someone considered these must haves they might be trying to decide to keep or punt and in that case I would not bank on < 6 months for any major announcement to be realized.

FWIW as a user I am cool with meta-announcements like this and am glad they are doing them. People were raking NDSP over the coals for being radio silent for a long time while they were getting the QC sorted and then when they do provide development update communications unless it is an actual release the hardcore modeling crew complains.

So at this point, they cannot win over those folks who no longer trust them, fair enough, they made their bed.

Given that, as someone who has had the luxury of holding onto one since it was released into the wild half baked, I like these updates... having a picture about what their priorities are and what is next for the platform is nice as an owner. At this point, I'd say no one who has been following the unit since the beginning has unrealistic expectations about the pace that they are producing stuff.

FWIW, if they enable even one plugin on the actual QC before EOY, I'll be absolutely stunned; but it is nice to know how the UI is going to look (they have sent that in an email update) what to expect, re plugin updates, and the sequence of events, etc.

I DO expect the editor to beta this fall... and that should be fun to knock around.

I suppose if someone considered these must haves they might be trying to decide to keep or punt and in that case I would not bank on < 6 months for any major announcement to be realized.

For the record, I don't think anyone here is 100 percent "unwinnable" even if they've been previously a very vocal detractor. I'm certainly not. You need a certain amount of illogical psychosis to be super into this stuff anyway.

That being said, I'm going to stay repelled as long as the communication is disingenuous, and this bait and switch of "Hey, the first plugin port is finally at hand!.....but you can't run it until 'the future' arrives....you know, in the future" qualifies.

I WANT them to turn it around, and some movement is better than none. But let's be a bit more transparent and less car salesman-like, please?

For the record, I don't think anyone here is 100 percent "unwinnable" even if they've been previously a very vocal detractor. I'm certainly not. You need a certain amount of illogical psychosis to be super into this stuff anyway.

That being said, I'm going to stay repelled as long as the communication is disingenuous, and this bait and switch of "Hey, the first plugin port is finally at hand!.....but you can't run it until 'the future' arrives....you know, in the future" qualifies.

I WANT them to turn it around, and some movement is better than none. But let's be a bit more transparent and less car salesman-like, please?
Yeah, we're thinking similarly... I'm saying "I get it" if someone says: "These guys are slimy they do not get any $$ from me; I'd rather support a company that I consider more ethical because this is not my only option. And I will freely mock all of their double speak announcements until proven otherwise."

For the record, I don't think anyone here is 100 percent "unwinnable" even if they've been previously a very vocal detractor.

Donald Trump Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

While I pay far less attention these days, it only takes a couple minutes to check the socials to see that despite dozens of people having the exact same issues with the blue lights of death, the connector board/scratchy output issue and the newest one with people needing to turn the unit on and off before it loads without one single person from NDSP coming out and saying “Hey, these are issues we’re having but we’re on top of it, if you experience one of the following, please start a support ticket and we’ll get you sorted out”

As of yesterday the mods on Discord were still acting clueless about this exact shit and telling people to start a support ticket, knowing support will make them film a video of an issue they ALREADY KNOW IS AN ISSUE and go through the whole song and dance as if it’s a new thing.

They’re the exact company I believed them to be 3 years ago before the QC started shipping. Again, stoked people are happy with it and are getting tones they love, my gripes aren’t with them at all or even the QC itself, just NDSP.

While I pay far less attention these days, it only takes a couple minutes to check the socials to see that despite dozens of people having the exact same issues with the blue lights of death, the connector board/scratchy output issue and the newest one with people needing to turn the unit on and off before it loads without one single person from NDSP coming out and saying “Hey, these are issues we’re having but we’re on top of it, if you experience one of the following, please start a support ticket and we’ll get you sorted out”
Like I said, I DO get the distrust. That said, you've seemed to be willfully trying to find and propagate issues... Not sure I buy the idea that much of what you are saying here is pervasive. I own the unit and track threads on it in multiple places and none of this sounds like a legitmate 'Neural sucks' issue. Any unit with enough devices out in the wild is going to see QA issues and corner cases.

Hopefully anyone with issues does contact support, which IME, is on par with most manufacturers.

Like I said, I DO get the distrust. That said, you've seemed to be willfully trying to find and propagate issues... Not sure I buy the idea that much of what you are saying here is pervasive. I own the unit and track threads on it in multiple places and none of this sounds like a legitmate 'Neural sucks' issue. Any unit with enough devices out in the wild is going to see QA issues and corner cases.

Hopefully anyone with issues does contact support, which IME, is on par with most manufacturers.

Yes, I had to put a lot of effort into pushing two buttons on an iPad to get here-

All I had to do was open FB last week and this was right there, one button push-
Post in thread 'Rant: NDSP QC Firmware Thread'
https://thegearforum.com/threads/rant-ndsp-qc-firmware-thread.820/post-113515

I’m sure everyone’s got their own idea of “pervasive”, but all that shit is absolutely looking pervasive to me. When people are going months without a unit after sending it back or getting zero communication about the issue, fuck all that. There’s a fuck of a lot more posts from people with issues than I’ve “propagated” here or anywhere else.

All I had to do was open FB
That was your first mistake. LOL.

Like I said, I am not gonna appoint myself NDSP defender because they don't deserve it. I'll also ignore folks who seem to have some kind of weird agenda and are trying to make mountains out of mole hills, too. If those issues are pervasive they'll come to light.

Last edited:
I'll also ignore folks with some kind of weird agenda making mountains out of mole hills, too.
Maybe lost in translation but you don't mean to say Drew has an agenda about trashing NDSP? You have to admit the amount of common device issues isn't seen in other devices (especially 3 years post launch)

Maybe lost in translation but you don't mean to say Drew has an agenda about trashing NDSP? You have to admit the amount of common device issues isn't seen in other devices (especially 3 years post launch
I don't think anyone really has any good data on it but that said: There are some hardware concerns w/ the unit. These are known and (IMHO) never gonna be fixed (ex: wonky PSU, spotty WiFi connectivity). Ignoring those, I do not think there is any kind of major new issue that is undiscovered with the hardware that is widespread. They're gonna have software issues like anyone else. I'm confident they will address those over time. I reserve the right to change my mind if legit, contrary data were to come out.

That was your first mistake. LOL.

Like I said, I am not gonna appoint myself NDSP defender because they don't deserve it. I'll also ignore folks who seem to have some kind of weird agenda and are trying to make mountains out of mole hills, too. If those issues are pervasive they'll come to light.

If you’re referencing me, you’re doing a shitty job ignoring me. :rofl

I mean, if people are going to “buy it for what it does now”, fucking up at gigs and requiring RMA’s for a larger-than-usual amount of users of a particular device is absolutely what it does now.

Sadly, no. Spring of 2021.
Was supposed to come out Sept 2020 :p

I'm not trying to willfully find issues, but I come across issues all the time. I'm in various gear groups and forums for all the major modelers, and nothing else pops up with the catastrophic issues the QC has with any sort of frequency the QC has.

Try to willfully find and propagate issues for other modelers, see what you can come up with... I bet it's not weekly reports of catastrophic failures.
I don't think anyone really has any good data on it but that said: There are some hardware concerns w/ the unit. These are known and (IMHO) never gonna be fixed (ex: wonky PSU, spotty WiFi connectivity). Ignoring those, I do not think there is any kind of major new issue that is undiscovered with the hardware that is widespread. They're gonna have software issues like anyone else. I'm confident they will address those over time. I reserve the right to change my mind if legit, contrary data were to come out.
No user-known issues, but there could be, who knows. I wonder if a lot of these catastrophic failures are still due to the SD card. Maybe it's getting loose or losing connection despite the little holder they affixed in later revisions, or maybe just using prone-to-corrupt memory, etc.

Last edited:
If you’re referencing me, you’re doing a shitty job ignoring me. :rofl

I mean, if people are going to “buy it for what it does now”, fucking up at gigs and requiring RMA’s for a larger-than-usual amount of users of a particular device is absolutely what it does now.
Which is why I haven't updated the thing in forever! Works fine! *cross my fingers*

No user-known issues, but there could be, who knows. I wonder if a lot of these catastrophic failures are still due to the SD card. Maybe it's getting loose or losing connection despite the little holder they affixed in later revisions, or maybe just using prone-to-corrupt memory, etc.

In some of the messages people have reported that picking the unit up and dropping it from about 3” temporarily gets it working right (I believe the crackling issue), but it still requires getting shipped backed to Finland for repairs. I can’t remember if gaining access to the SD card voids the warranty or not.

Regardless, NDSP knows the exact cause and solution to these issues, they just won’t say anything about it.

Back