Quad Cortex PCOM (Plugin COMpatibility) slated by Q2 2024

spongebob-mind.gif
I'm not saying it to bag on the QC :rofl Just curious if he wants one for the 3rd floor lounge or what :unsure:

Why do you want a 2nd QC?
BECAUSE I ❤️ :poop:!!!

main-qimg-b6eb3d2949bc661d4bf107016291a9e4-lq

No, seriously. I do heart turds, but also, my QC is usually on my desk with about 1000 cables sticking out the back (stereo audio outs, USB, MIDI In, MIDI Out, Mic In, Guitar In, guitar synth to FX returns x2... I'm probably forgetting a few?) But I'd also love having a "portable" one I can quickly deploy elsewhere. (Typically, on top of my 4x12 with a little power amp next to it.)

I'll only consider this multi-QC madness if I decide to sell the FM3, and probably my HX Stomp, though. I can't justify any more modelers in my life. :rofl

Last edited:
BECAUSE I❤️:poop:!!!

main-qimg-b6eb3d2949bc661d4bf107016291a9e4-lq

No, seriously. I do heart turds, but also, my QC is usually on my desk with about 1000 cables sticking out the back (stereo audio outs, USB, MIDI In, MIDI Out, Mic In, Guitar In... I'm probably forgetting a few?) But I also love having a "portable" one I can quickly deploy elsewhere. (Typically, on top of my 4x12 with a little power amp next to it.)

I'll only consider this multi-QC madness if I decide to sell the FM3, and probably my HX Stomp, though. I can't justify any more modelers in my life. :rofl
Drake Settle Down GIF by Republic Records

I get the sentiment to a degree. I have a FM9 and Axe Fx but I've warped my brain to say they are different 😂
And they are. I'm sure you use them in different contexts, and you use one for one scenario/ the other for another, per their respective strengths. The QC just happens to suit two different applications really well for my needs. And I don't know how to clone the one I've got. :D

And they are. I'm sure you use them in different contexts, and you use one for one scenario/ the other for another, per their respective strengths. The QC just happens to suit two different applications really well for my needs. And I don't know how to clone the one I've got. :D

Not even being snarky here, but could you isolate everything you love in the QC to 1-2 NDSP plugins? Maybe Wong and Rabea? Or Soldano and Asato?

Then, the QC could be free as a bird to go wherever you want without a lengthy hookup/teardown of cables.

Not even being snarky here, but could you isolate everything you love in the QC to 1-2 NDSP plugins? Maybe Wong and Rabea? Or Soldano and Asato?

Then, the QC could be free as a bird to go wherever you want without a lengthy hookup/teardown of cables.
I don't think so, no. This gets us WAY into apples and oranges territory. It's not just a question of finding the right suite of tones, effects, etc. It's the hardware as much as anything else. The QC is my audio and MIDI interface (hence the cables), it's served really effectively in that role. All the I/O I need in a little desktop format, straightforward routing and configuration, and so on. That's before you get to the variety of excellent tones in the box, and the ease with which you can build complex presets for multiple instruments.

Of course, there are significant benefits to recording dry tracks with VSTs running "in the box" (which I used to insist on doing.) But I'd have to invest in a decent interface, upgrade my PC, etc. Trading one set of problems for a couple of others...

Well, @Burger , you are the absolute man when it comes to free Quad Cortex captures. And no lie...if I were in the market for a tube amp AT ALL, your Alta would be among the very top choices I'd consider. I don't currently have a QC, but thanks for adding so much value to the platform anyway.
Thank you very much! Happy to throw these captures up, reminds me I need to keep doing them!

Thank you very much! Happy to throw these captures up, reminds me I need to keep doing them!
Your a top guy, thanks for all the captures!
I love having a capture of the amp you did a mod of, the guy from Handsome ( also Helmet? ) I would love to have a capture before you made the mod also ,he he
Keep up cool work !

… fx loop levels (they're not unity, they're something?? Users had to figure out how to set levels to have near unity gain. And then it felt like the levels are different depending on if you use the fx loop block vs separate send/return?)

Yeah, this is weird and annoying me right now, as it also affects 4cm use. Apparently it's a known bug when using the FX Loop block instead of separate send and return blocks (acknowledged by NDSP in an email months ago, but not fixed in recent update, no surprise).

On the NDSP forum, users are saying drop the FX Loop send by 3 db and the return by 1.6, or use separate S/R blocks. The former seems to work, haven't tried the latter.

Also weird/annoying is there's no indication of what's instrument vs line on the Output levels, just a -39 to + 12 db scale that seems to have no relation to anything standard? Zero seems to be maybe higher than instrument level but not line level? If you go to -10 it's way lower than instrument, so who knows. I just keep it at 0 for 4cm and adjust as needed when using amp captures with a power amp + cab. (This is all with my ears in the room and sometimes an app on my phone, not measuring with a DAW or anything, so no graphs, sorry. :grin )

But my brain is the type that likes to know what the settings are, read the manual, etc, so it is annoying , however not a deal breaker as I'm liking so much about the QC, otherwise.

Yeah, this is weird and annoying me right now, as it also affects 4cm use. Apparently it's a known bug when using the FX Loop block instead of separate send and return blocks (acknowledged by NDSP in an email months ago, but not fixed in recent update, no surprise).

On the NDSP forum, users are saying drop the FX Loop send by 3 db and the return by 1.6, or use separate S/R blocks. The former seems to work, haven't tried the latter.

Also weird/annoying is there's no indication of what's instrument vs line on the Output levels, just a -39 to + 12 db scale that seems to have no relation to anything standard? Zero seems to be maybe higher than instrument level but not line level? If you go to -10 it's way lower than instrument, so who knows. I just keep it at 0 for 4cm and adjust as needed when using amp captures with a power amp + cab. (This is all with my ears in the room and sometimes an app on my phone, not measuring with a DAW or anything, so no graphs, sorry. :grin )

But my brain is the type that likes to know what the settings are, read the manual, etc, so it is annoying , however not a deal breaker as I'm liking so much about the QC, otherwise.
Yeah, Fractal has settings in the menu where you can choose unity or line level, as well as instructions on how to set upt the hardware. Line 6 also has an instrument/line level setting. Neural has... something?

Separate send and return is a safer bet, I think. The fx loop block will also add around 1,85 ms of latency to the dry signal so depending on the use case it might not be the best choice.

An announcement for an announcement, the true Neural DSP way!

Screenshot 2024-03-21 161659.png

Some promised features for CorOS 3.0.0:
  • New effects: Transpose, doubler, transparent blend, monophonic pitch correction, PCM-70-like circular delay, plugin gate, plugin doubler, plugin blend, plugin 9-band EQ
  • Custom folders
  • Multiple MIDI messages for footswitches
  • Sidechaining - i.e. triggering effects based on the output of an arbitrary block in the preset.

An announcement for an announcement, the true Neural DSP way!

View attachment 20492

Some promised features for CorOS 3.0.0:
  • New effects: Transpose, doubler, transparent blend, monophonic pitch correction, PCM-70-like circular delay, plugin gate, plugin doubler, plugin blend, plugin 9-band EQ
  • Custom folders
  • Multiple MIDI messages for footswitches
  • Sidechaining - i.e. triggering effects based on the output of an arbitrary block in the preset.
That update list is pretty good though. Pitch correction and sidechaining are interesting features here.

Back