Trying out the NDSP Quad Cortex

Been wanting to get a nice expression pedal for my QC for a while. But then I plugged in the cheap M Audio I have and it works flawlessly. The calibration was dead simple and setup is super straightforward. Ended up ordering a second one so I can fuss around with assigning to different parameters.
The QC is the best expressional pedal host I’ve owned, in terms of auto-configuring for different polarities, etc.

The QC is the best expressional pedal host I’ve owned, in terms of auto-configuring for different polarities, etc.
breaking you got me GIF

Yeah I was shocked how it worked with one button setup. Fractal was a lot more of a pain in terms of setting up the curves and min/max values and everything. I don't do much expression pedal stuff but I really need to do more!

Yeah I was shocked how it worked with one button setup. Fractal was a lot more of a pain in terms of setting up the curves and min/max values and everything. I don't do much expression pedal stuff but I really need to do more!
Well, there is a flipside, in that I do wish the QC had a couple more parameters - specifically to control curvatures. Everything linear doesn't always cut it where volume and pan are concerned.

But yeah, I've got a couple of expression pedals that won't work with half my gear, due to reverse polarity. The QC seems to auto-detect and do fine regardless.

Well, there is a flipside, in that I do wish the QC had a couple more parameters - specifically to control curvatures. Everything linear doesn't always cut it where volume and pan are concerned.

But yeah, I've got a couple of expression pedals that won't work with half my gear, due to reverse polarity. The QC seems to auto-detect and do fine regardless.

True, best of both worlds would likely be intelligent setup and then advanced settings. Actually that could broadly apply to most Fractal things :)

Back