I bought my friends "old" Fractal FM3

One of my best friends got himself a Quad Cortex and made me a stupid good deal on the FM3 he was using before. I've been messing with this thing for less than 30 minutes trying to create the sound of my Diezel Herbert and hooooly shit, this thing is good. I am pretty sure I am going to die of starvation infront of this thing tweaking parameters.
Digital has come along way since I sold my Kemper a few years back
DSC00082.JPG

Genuinely, between Helix and Fractal.... no other modellers hold a candle!

I still stupidly fantasize about my Axe III and a Helix Rack, all in one 8U rack unit, with a Fryette LX poweramp. Part of me really wants to try going entirely digital !!! <shock horror!>

Would love to see you do a couple of videos as a kind of digital addendum comparing the FM3 Herberts and Powerball to your real amps and some of the clips you did in the original comparison videos.

If you don't use it; off it!
All the better/worse, good choice/bad choice talk is just a bummer IMO. They're different products with different strengths and weaknesses.

OTOH, the friend who went QC must have splashed out close to a thousand dollars to change lanes...

mbenigni-bait. I'm probably going to put my FM3 up for sale in the next week or two. I just never feel compelled to turn it on. :idk
I had this recently, loved the tones from it but never found myself using it over other stuff. It just kind of sat in a weird inbetween use case.

I switched it for an Axe FX, and that’s doing so many different jobs in the studio that even if I’m not using the modelling, the routing and integration with other gear is so handy. And it takes up less space, less mess with cables, less faffing around as I can patch in in so many ways.

FM-3 is a great taster/foot in the door for Fractal, but IMO, the power of Fractal really comes alive when you have the insane possibilities of the axe fx iii. I don’t think the difference in price reflects the difference between what they offer, but maybe for a gigging/travelling musician the FM-3 would make more sense.

All the better/worse, good choice/bad choice talk is just a bummer IMO. They're different products with different strengths and weaknesses.

OTOH, the friend who went QC must have splashed out close to a thousand dollars to change lanes...
It's my schtick. I didn't mean for it to hit that way :(

Back