NMD: NDSP Quad Cortex

Yes, one peck on the cheek from HX One and I’m dropping my pants for the Helix Floor… :rofl
DI be like…
Looking Fine Lets Go GIF by BrownSugarApp

I doubt a Digitech Whammy does dual detune, maybe the latest one could? I don't know. A whammy is generally meant for big shifts. The TMP might have a separate detune effect or a general pitch shifter capable of detune effects.
This all makes sense. Re: Whammy in particular, I was responding to JT's comment, "The TBP has the Pedal Detune effect from the Whammy pedal which does the thing great."

I think the pitch shifter in the QC allows for shifting in cents up or down, so maybe there's a way to use two pitch blocks for the effect, although you'd probably have to do some tweaking due to the limited parallel routing options.
Yes, this is exactly what I was getting at here: https://thegearforum.com/threads/nmd-ndsp-quad-cortex.3847/post-190872

And you're right, it would make any given preset/ template a lot less versatile otherwise, since you can only have one parallel split per processor. (An area where I'd agree the FAS "grid", in so far as I understand it, is much more powerful than QC or HX.)

EDIT: And I'm completely neglecting the possibility of feedback/ crosstalk here...

Last edited:
I doubt a Digitech Whammy does dual detune, maybe the latest one could? I don't know. A whammy is generally meant for big shifts. The TMP might have a separate detune effect or a general pitch shifter capable of detune effects. I think the pitch shifter in the QC allows for shifting in cents up or down, so maybe there's a way to use two pitch blocks for the effect, although you'd probably have to do some tweaking due to the limited parallel routing options.

No dual detune on any Whammy. No selecting the cents, either, it’s just controlled by the pedal. Just a regular ole detune and not a terrible sounding one, it was my only chorus in my high school rig.

If any of you are itching for a Helix Floor outside @TubeStack Musicians Friend has 15 percent off and it comes with a helix backpack for $1250 total (15 percent off included).

Crazy deal!

Not available in Canada, thankfully, or I’d be questioning/regretting getting mine yesterday. :grin

Haven’t had a lot of time with it yet, but so far it’s seeming like a “the answer you were looking for all along was right in front of you, all these years” situation. :love

Not available in Canada, thankfully, or I’d be questioning/regretting getting mine yesterday. :grin

Haven’t had a lot of time with it yet, but so far it’s seeming like a “the answer you were looking for all along was right in front of you, all these years” situation. :love
Yeah I felt okay tagging you since you are in Canada 😂

But wanted to pass the deal along!

Dropping the price doesn't drop the size, though. Even if it did drop @TubeStack 's britches. :banana

Just too damn big for me at home, or to take out of the home. :idk :grin

Yeah, that's part of what's kept me away from it. But I'm trying out the whole "less convenience offstage for more convenience onstage" thing. ie. it's a lot easier to play a gig with access to lots of switches, less changing of presets, and more space to manoeuvre around, even if it's a bit more of a pain to schlep the thing around.

And I was thinking, it's not even that big, when you actually look at the dimensions. It's 4" wider and 0.5" smaller in depth than my PT Jr board, for example. Not a huge difference. Or, 2" wider and 4" deeper than my Metro 20. (I'll stop before the TWSS jokes become irresistible. :grin )

Good news for eu buyers

We are pleased to announce a significant update to our pricing structure for customers in the European Union and United Kingdom. This change, aimed at enhancing transparency and customer satisfaction, involves the incorporation of Value Added Tax (VAT) into the displayed price of all plugins on our website for EU/UK customers. This initiative ensures that the price you see is the price you pay, with no surprises at checkout.

For years, we have complied with EU/UK regulations by adding VAT, charged at the rate of the customer’s billing country, during the checkout process. While necessary, this approach often led to the final cost being higher than customers initially expected.

On March 25th, our website will be unavailable for a short while, after which all prices displayed for customers in the EU and UK will include VAT. It's important to note that this change does not signify an increase in the cost of Neural DSP's plugins. Instead, it reflects a commitment to transparency in pricing.

This shift to an all-inclusive pricing model comes with an added benefit for customers: a decrease in the average price across the EU and UK markets. To make this change, we averaged the VAT amount across all EU countries and the UK to calculate what the new plugin prices should be with VAT included. We then adjusted the prices to balance for the number of countries that have a higher tax rate than the rate in our largest markets. As a result, there is an average price decrease of €3.11 for our products in the EU and UK.

Customers located outside the European Union or UK will see no change in the current pricing structure. Prices will continue to be displayed without VAT included. Customers in the United States will experience the same process as before, with taxes applied at checkout according to their billing state.

We hope that by ensuring that the price displayed is indeed the final price, we can eliminate any potential confusion at checkout, making the purchasing process smoother and more transparent.

- Neural DSP

Back