New Mesa Mark amp coming?

IMHO, those amps are hilariously overpriced. Anything made at B.A.D. is. the quality is average at best, and the BE100DLX is what, $4000 for no MIDI, no reactive load, no IR, and a circuit ripped off of Jose. Sure, it sounds good. But the cost is outlandish. Of course, people are buying it, otherwise it wouldn't exist.

@la szum got a stiffy reading this. :rofl

No, I mean BAD makes all the Friedman amps, all the Soldano amps, all the Morgan amps. Not talking about the distortion pedal into a Class D ICE power amp deals.
AFAIK, BAD does not make all of the Friedman amps. Just the non-handwired amps like the BE-100. Unless you have a source or info that I don’t. I‘m open to being wrong on that. I hope you are as well.

No, I mean BAD makes all the Friedman amps, all the Soldano amps, all the Morgan amps. Not talking about the distortion pedal into a Class D ICE power amp deals.
I’ve asked
I’ve asked Dave. We’ll see what he says. Again, I think that’s true only for non-handwired amps. But we’ll see.

That aside, why does BAD have a rep for mediocre builds? That seems counter productive for high end gear. It’s in the name Boutique Amps Distributor. Plus, Distributor….

With cabs already on hand, this is worth $200 to me. Easily. Plus it offers an effects loop… unlike the pedal. Only thing missing is a sweet Friedman DI headphone jack.
781E16D6-60F8-460F-A86E-259A4C21991E.jpeg

With cabs already on hand, this is worth $200 to me. Easily. Plus it offers an effects loop… unlike the pedal. Only thing missing is a sweet Friedman DI headphone jack.
View attachment 4362

That’s awesome! I checked out most of these heads last night, I really dig both the Bogner and the Friedman. Though Pete Thorn definitely caught me in the net with the Bogner demo doing an entirely AIC-themed demo and it sounds f*cking fantastic.

That’s awesome! I checked out most of these heads last night, I really dig both the Bogner and the Friedman. Though Pete Thorn definitely caught me in the net with the Bogner demo doing an entirely AIC-themed demo and it sounds f*cking fantastic.

Exactly. These things are pretty cool if you need amp in the room inspiration versus digital headphone stuff and these puppies are in the ballpark. Great with some reverb or delay ambience in the loop.

From Dave: Boutique amps distribution is my team and They have been making the amps since 2013.. I physically test every amp that leaves and sign them..

I guess I was mistaken.
No worries.

It’s anecdotal, but out of $2000+ amps over the last 8 years, I’ve seen more Friedman in for repairs than any other brand.

They sound killer, but they just don’t instill confidence for such an expensive amp in my opinion.

No worries.

It’s anecdotal, but out of $2000+ amps over the last 8 years, I’ve seen more Friedman in for repairs than any other brand.

They sound killer, but they just don’t instill confidence for such an expensive amp in my opinion.
Fair enough. I’m going to hold on to my JJ Jr. no matter what though. It effortlessly delivers my glory days tone that I fought so hard for in the mid-90’s with rack gear and more. That and my micro BE. Couldn’t justify the dollars for the BE and I don’t care for the BE pedals but… the BE micro sounds glorious though my 2x10 boogie cabs with El Capistan in the loop.

Stands up tone-wise to my Mark 5:25 through the same rig for the tones I seek. Mesa has more headroom of course, but for an at home amp for Marshall/Friedman tones? Catch one on sale. Start withe presence low and work until good for volume level.

I wish they made 50/100w head or combo versions.

Fair enough. I’m going to hold on to my JJ Jr. no matter what though. It effortlessly delivers my glory days tones that I fought so hard for in the mid-90’s with rack gear and more. That and my micro BE. Couldn’t justify the dollars for the BE and I don’t care for the BE pedals but… the BE micro sounds glorious though my 2x10 boogie cabs with El Capistan in the loop.

Stands up tone-wise to my Mark 5:25 through the same rig for the tones I seek. Mesa has more headroom of course, but for an at home amp for Marshall/Friedman tones? Catch one on sale. Start withe presence low and work until good for volume level.

I wish they made 100w head or combo version.
Both the JJ’s sound amazing, for sure

AFAIK, BAD does not make all of the Friedman amps. Just the non-handwired amps like the BE-100. Unless you have a source or info that I don’t. I‘m open to being wrong on that. I hope you are as well.
Runts made overseas.

Wonder if that is a similar situation to Analogman having the Prince made overseas?

That's because Gibson hasn't f****d up the actual design or manufacturing of Mesa yet. Anyone who says otherwise is a known-nothing *****tard.
Mesa makes great amps! I'm a fan.
Gibson is really the only guitars I buy, I'm a fan.

I was waiting for "the tubes blew out the back of my amp" or "my handle popped off while climbing staircase to my fourth floor apt"
A little gun shy I guess :rofl

Fair enough. I’m going to hold on to my JJ Jr. no matter what though. It effortlessly delivers my glory days tone that I fought so hard for in the mid-90’s with rack gear and more. That and my micro BE. Couldn’t justify the dollars for the BE and I don’t care for the BE pedals but… the BE micro sounds glorious though my 2x10 boogie cabs with El Capistan in the loop.

Stands up tone-wise to my Mark 5:25 through the same rig for the tones I seek. Mesa has more headroom of course,
The EL84 Mark V 25 has more headroom? What's in the JJ Jr power section, 12ax7s?! :crazy

I can’t imagine needing any mesa other than my two channel tripleG. Tons of power, simple controls, take boosts like a champ.. if I had to be a one amp dude it would be that thing no questions. You can still get them for $1700ish too

I've always liked the idea of a Mesa amp, but I've never been floored by one.

In the 90's the Dual Rectifiers were super popular, but they usually sounded way too scooped, too much bass and brittle high end. I did like a Tremoverb I played a few times but didn't have the cash for it. Also kind of dug the Nomad series.

Played around with a couple Mark series amps that I came across, but at low volumes and not knowing how to dial them in, couldn't get them to sound good at all.

A couple years ago someone offered me a Mark V:25 as a trade for a Kemper that I seriously considered, but ultimately sold it to fund my Ibanez AZ.

Those little Badlander 25 combos look like they'd be pretty fun though...

I've always liked the idea of a Mesa amp, but I've never been floored by one.

In the 90's the Dual Rectifiers were super popular, but they usually sounded way too scooped, too much bass and brittle high end. I did like a Tremoverb I played a few times but didn't have the cash for it. Also kind of dug the Nomad series.

Played around with a couple Mark series amps that I came across, but at low volumes and not knowing how to dial them in, couldn't get them to sound good at all.

A couple years ago someone offered me a Mark V:25 as a trade for a Kemper that I seriously considered, but ultimately sold it to fund my Ibanez AZ.

Those little Badlander 25 combos look like they'd be pretty fun though...
Lucky for you this new amp is a Lab Series modern reissue, co-designed by Randall Smith.

Back