Help Me Pick a New Amp...Please :)

Deadpan

Shredder
Vendor
Have a ton of amps, but I need another. I'm even considering a bass amp.

Been considering a Fireball but I have a Savage. The new SE Founders Edition looks nice but I don't generally buy them new.

I have a JP2C so I'm thinking pass on the Mark VII?

Badlander...I have been on the fence for a while. I have SO many Mesa amps surely this would overlap some. After reading @JiveTurkey 's experience recording with it I am further put off.

One amp I have planned to buy is a Divided By 13 FTR 37. The prices lately are too high...

I have been keeping an eye out for a Ampeg SVT with no luck. Someone mentioned maybe a V4?

Ages ago I had a Framus Cobra and liked it but it was very modern and couldn't quite do thrash so I sold it. I miss it.

I believe I have Marshalls covered but I would consider an old SLP. Any years/models that really stand out? I know the obvious 68, 69 or 72, but really, is there that much difference?

That leads me to the Suhr 68 v2...interested, but then the New Friedman Vintage? I have the JEL100, is the Vintage the same as the Plexi on the JEL?

A Roland JC-120 would be cool. I need to shop this one.

Help!

Reactions: JT
Road King 2.

I’m not even kidding. If you couple it with your Mark, you will have every sound imaginable.

Also, I own and love my Badlander 100. They’re awesome amps.
I've played a Road King and liked it. A bit stronger mids that the standard models. I do have 4 Rectos currently...

I will add this to my actively looking for list.

A Roland JC-120 would be cool. I need to shop this one.

I had a JC for a while, paired with a Strymon Dig+Big Sky and it was amazingly awesome as chorus drenched washed out ambient machine. Kinda wish I kept it. Def a great change of pace amp to have around.

I'd roll with the founders SE out of what you listed!

I also think everyone who likes high gain should have a 5153 of some variety..

1709155874659.jpeg

I can't remember if it's the Cobra or Dragon that seemed to have a high failure rate. Or maybe that was just false information 🤔
I think the Dragon but can't remember as it was so long ago :unsure:

Where did all the Framus amps even go? They were a pretty hot ticket back in the HCAF days but no you rarely hear any talk of them and theres exactly 2 each of cobra/dragon on reverb right now...

Back