New Mesa Mark amp coming?

That's because Gibson hasn't f****d up the actual design or manufacturing of Mesa yet.

So far that seems to be the case, but would you say they're at least partially to blame for the price increases?

I bought a Badlander 100 head around half a year ago (and returned it :eek: ) and the same head is now $700-800 more than what I paid at that time. That seems very Gibson-like, to me.

I think every manufacturer is hiking prices, not just gibson. I think there's numerous external factors to blame for that

I'm a known gibson white knight, and while $2800 for standard is a tough pill to swallow, when you look at the number of Indonesian imports out there now from $1-2k, a flagship USA guitar for $2800 doesn't seem that crazy imo

So far that seems to be the case, but would you say they're at least partially to blame for the price increases?

I bought a Badlander 100 head around half a year ago (and returned it :eek: ) and the same head is now $700-800 more than what I paid at that time. That seems very Gibson-like, to me.
No, not really. The whole industry is fucked up; just look at Marshall and PRS's pricing. That being said, Mesa's pricing is weird in a lot of ways. The ROV25 combo, an amp that's been out for nearly a decade, is now $1950. The Badlander 25 combo is $1850. The Cali Tweed 2:20 1x12, a single channel amp with no reactive load and no IR functionality, is......$2099? The Triple Crown TC-50, with three channels, real spring reverb, solo boost, MIDI, and CabClone (albeit the older shite analog version): $2449. The two channel Badlander 50, with no MIDI, no solo boost, no reverb? $2449.

I think every manufacturer is hiking prices, not just gibson. I think there's numerous external factors to blame for that

I'm a known gibson white knight, and while $2800 for standard is a tough pill to swallow, when you look at the number of Indonesian imports out there now from $1-2k, a flagship USA guitar for $2800 doesn't seem that crazy imo

Yes, I get the "inflation" + "supply chain issues" factor :farley. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but it seems like Gibson was doing it long before Covid, etc. :idk

Yes, I get the "inflation" + "supply chain issues" factor :farley. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but it seems like Gibson was doing it long before Covid, etc. :idk
I can't speak to their guitar stuff, because Gibson guitars blow. :D

But Mesa's pricing, for the short time between acquisition and pandemic supply chain issues, seemed pretty normal.

So worldwide inflation is Gibson guitars' fault?

I won't deny it, but I think most manufactures (besides the shure SM 57 lmao) have been pulling that.

Taking into account inflation, a Les Paul in 1959 was $260 - $2673 in todays dollars. If anything the relative price of a new LP standard was low for a while there

No, not really. The whole industry is f****d up; just look at Marshall and PRS's pricing. That being said, Mesa's pricing is weird in a lot of ways. The ROV25 combo, an amp that's been out for nearly a decade, is now $1950. The Badlander 25 combo is $1850. The Cali Tweed 2:20 1x12, a single channel amp with no reactive load and no IR functionality, is......$2099? The Triple Crown TC-50, with three channels, real spring reverb, solo boost, MIDI, and CabClone (albeit the older shite analog version): $2449. The two channel Badlander 50, with no MIDI, no solo boost, no reverb? $2449.

Yeah, Marshall's prices are insane now, too. Especially here in Canada, with exchange rate, etc. A Marshall JCM800 RI head is $4.5k :rofl.

Anyway, I don't want to derail JT's Mark thread. But good to hear your view from a retail perspective, @paisleywookiee .

I can't speak to their guitar stuff, because Gibson guitars blow. :D

But Mesa's pricing, for the short time between acquisition and pandemic supply chain issues, seemed pretty normal.
The jp2c is $3300 now when it was 2500 originally in 2016. Yeah supply chain issues, pandemic, inflation, and with the pandemic more people were playing guitar which also saw used prices skyrocket. The next year or two will be interesting. I bet any new mesa amps come out over $3k and I wonder if they will sell well. They are almost playing in the Soldano/Friedman/Diesel sandbox at that point, price-wise.

Yeah, Marshall's prices are insane now, too. Especially here in Canada, with exchange rate, etc. A Marshall JCM800 RI head is $4.5k :rofl.

Anyway, I don't want to derail JT's Mark thread. But good to hear your view from a retail perspective, @paisleywookiee .

Yeah Marshall pricing is utterly insane now. Especially when you look at the massive gap between new vs. used prices

They are almost playing in the Soldano/Friedman/Diesel sandbox at that point, price-wise.
IMHO, those amps are hilariously overpriced. Anything made at B.A.D. is. the quality is average at best, and the BE100DLX is what, $4000 for no MIDI, no reactive load, no IR, and a circuit ripped off of Jose. Sure, it sounds good. But the cost is outlandish. Of course, people are buying it, otherwise it wouldn't exist.

IMHO, those amps are hilariously overpriced. Anything made at B.A.D. is. the quality is average at best, and the BE100DLX is what, $4000 for no MIDI, no reactive load, no IR, and a circuit ripped off of Jose. Sure, it sounds good. But the cost is outlandish. Of course, people are buying it, otherwise it wouldn't exist.

What all is BAD making these days? I'm out of the loop. Soldano, friedman and fortin/whatever else they like on Rig Talk?

What all is BAD making these days? I'm out of the loop. Soldano, friedman and fortin/whatever else they like on Rig Talk?
According to their page, Friedman, Synergy, Soldano, Bogner pedals, Morgan, and ToneKing. They list "Diezel North America" too, but I'm not sure if that means they build some Diezel amps here for them, or if it's just distribution.

According to their page, Friedman, Synergy, Soldano, Bogner pedals, Morgan, and ToneKing. They list "Diezel North America" too, but I'm not sure if that means they build some Diezel amps here for them, or if it's just distribution.
I think BAD makes the micro amps from these companies but not the actual tube heads like the
BE-100. But perhaps that’s what you meant.

I think BAD makes the micro amps from these companies but not the actual tube heads like the
BE-100. But perhaps that’s what you meant.
No, I mean BAD makes all the Friedman amps, all the Soldano amps, all the Morgan amps. Not talking about the distortion pedal into a Class D ICE power amp deals.

Back