Help Me Pick a New Amp...Please :)

I'm going to do more research on this one.

I've played the Sig X and it was a bit dry and clinical.

I'm a big sig x fan, but I know some people feel this way about them

also consider a pittbull (CL or UL) definitely still dry amps but perhaps less "clinical"

Trying to figure out if this is a joke haha, leaning to yes but maybe they did make a 20?
No joke. IRT Studio is 15 watts. I thought the el84s sounded better with than the fullsize Ironheart 120 I had. The GH100 was much better to my ears.

No joke. IRT Studio is 15 watts. I thought the el84s sounded better with then the fullsize Ironheart 120 I had. The GH100 was much better to my ears.
That's interesting. I mostly dislike EL84 for high gain.

Gonna check the GH and VH more.

Reactions: JT
Any idea of the different VH, GH and the R, L etc?

i believe the VH is just a GH with a clean channel but im not totally sure. the letters im not sure about, i know they made the "S" i have for a year then it turned into the GH100TI after that, i guess theres a couple different switches or something. it certainly does the iommi sound in spades, it does need a ton of volume though

i believe the VH is just a GH with a clean channel but im not totally sure. the letters im not sure about, i know they made the "S" i have for a year then it turned into the GH100TI after that, i guess theres a couple different switches or something. it certainly does the iommi sound in spades, it does need a ton of volume though
I see many like the GH50, any idea how the low end compares?

Oh, and a VH140c? Been shopping one of these for awhile.

I see many like the GH50, any idea how the low end compares?

Oh, and a VH140c? Been shopping one of these for awhile.

if you can get a vh140c get one of them, metal machines. the 50w laneys im not sure about, i wouldnt mind trying a 50w though cause my 100 just needs so much volume to really get going, when it does its beastly though

20240312_110218.jpg

It arrived. Fully serviced. Time to test it.

In a fit a gloom with the flu I purchased a GH100L for $585 all in. Hoping it's a good one.

Back