New Mesa Mark amp coming?

I was trying to explain to my GF what I was doing on the computer when I was on guitar forums so I showed her one post about IRs. After I read it to her she just looked at me and said "Wow! I have no idea what you're talking about."
I'm getting a new mic Sunday. I'm making IRs. I will make the most jargon-full fucking thread just for you and you can show her.

Sounds rather killer.

He makes pretty much every amp sound similar. Whether it's subconsciously dialing them the same or using the same cab/mic setup, I don't know.

I think his recent Diezel Paul video sounded beefier.

Yup. Sounds badass.

For being a “tweaker” amp it actually looks pretty simple in that you basically turn off the bass and middle knobs and set the V on the graphic eq.

Where the hell is any midrange coming from though if you’re not adding any in the pre-eq and removing a lot of 750?
The knob tonestack is super interactive. Just by driving the treble harder means the mids and bass knobs are less effective.

The Mark series also has a freakin' ton of mids.

Where the hell is any midrange coming from though if you’re not adding any in the pre-eq and removing a lot of 750?

rC7LXgB.png

That 750 slider will pump in so much Mids it's crazy. On the Mark V I usually run that all the way down (totally scooped) or just right on the bottom line but I really like the scooped sound.

Using the FM9 in the 4CM, would compression mitigate that?
Just set mine up with the Axe III. You can do a lot with the Axe in 4 cable. I didn't really like the drives though.

Someone messaged me asking if I had any Mark amps I'd sell. Only one I have is the JP2C, was thinking maybe...I have a hard time selling amps (a mental thing, I know :)

Right away after setting it up I was like, no, can't sell. Now I'm a bit on the fence, not because I don't like it but it's really hard to sell an amp here and eventually I am going to need to sell them.

Hard choice...

Just set mine up with the Axe III. You can do a lot with the Axe in 4 cable. I didn't really like the drives though.

Did you try the drives going into the amp directly without the amp blocks? When I did that with my FX8 the Zendrive and BB Preamp models worked pretty well.

He makes pretty much every amp sound similar. Whether it's subconsciously dialing them the same or using the same cab/mic setup, I don't know.

I think his recent Diezel Paul video sounded beefier.
He's very consistent . Love his amp videos really. The worst offender in "makes everything sound the same" is Shawn Tubbs, he made EVERY FUCKING Synergy module sound identical :ROFLMAO:

Did you try the drives going into the amp directly without the amp blocks? When I did that with my FX8 the Zendrive and BB Preamp models worked pretty well.
Yes have it setup 4 cable with no amp block.

Some were ok but not like running real pedals.

Someone messaged me asking if I had any Mark amps I'd sell. Only one I have is the JP2C, was thinking maybe...I have a hard time selling amps (a mental thing, I know :)

Right away after setting it up I was like, no, can't sell. Now I'm a bit on the fence, not because I don't like it but it's really hard to sell an amp here and eventually I am going to need to sell them.

Hard choice...
If you sell it, wait until after April.

Very curious how they would layout the 25W version when that is released.
If it follows the Mark V:25, it'll only have 2 channels with 3 modes each. I'm guessing they will probably not be able to afford mode duplication.

Ch1: Clean, Fat, Crunch
Ch2: VII, IIC+, IV

??
Skipping IIB.

What are your thoughts?

Back