New Mesa Mark amp coming?

So they send one to Ola half way across the world to Sweden but don't actually sell in Sweden or anywhere outside the US.
That's a big pile of Gibson bullshit right there.

Also, I like how he keeps Master at 1 because how stupidly loud this amp already is at 1.
No global master volume for you !!!

From manufacturers, to retailers, to consumers, we all bow down in obeisance to the Gods of Influence.

bow down all hail GIF by The Academy Awards

I do like how all the demos and reviews that just convince me more and more that the MKV is the superior
amp, and will be well into the future. :idk

I wonder if someday the MKVI design and schematics will be leaked and we will discover how the boys
at Gibson watered this all down to get to the VII.

I am leaning into the conspiracy hemisphere of my brain on this one. :LOL:

Maybe so. Maybe not. Just seems entirely evident that a LOT was trimmed
from the MKVII. The progression from MKI to MKV was the addition of
features each and every step of the way. This is the first amp in that series
that has been sold as an improvement, when all that was added was MIDI
(but that doesn't include the Modes) and an improved Two Notes Cab
Simulation/IR.

Fuck man, even some of the Modes are shared on Channel 1 and 2, and that
was never done on a previous iteration of the MK series. Cutting corners is
very obvious to me. Which in a business sense is often about cutting costs/
increasing profitability.

f**k man, even some of the Modes are shared on Channel 1 and 2, and that
was never done on a previous iteration of the MK series. Cutting corners is
very obvious to me. Which in a business sense is often about cutting costs/
increasing profitability.

Maybe, but a lot of the complaints about the V were that people's favourite modes were on a shared channel and they couldn't switch between them, so maybe Mesa is just addressing that. It's also how they've been rolling lately with the Fillmore and Badlander.

In the realm of conspiracies, this one is rather benign and harmless, so I fully expect to keep on
leaning into it. And this from a guy who didn't buy into the Gibson is going to ruin Mesa narrative
that emerged on a lot of gear forums. Now I have evidence to corroborate the conspiracy that
only I seem to be astute enough to pick up on. :rofl

This is Randall's (most likely final) baby I don't buy that Gibson had anything to do with it, for better or worse

Yes, agreed. I mean who knows, but he seems like enough of his "own man" that he would want autonomy over his swan song amp. He's really built his own empire and legacy over the years, doesn't seem like the type to just go along with things against his wishes, especially to do with what some would say is his crowning achievement, the Mark series. But again, who knows.

In the realm of conspiracies, this one is rather benign and harmless, so I fully expect to keep on
leaning into it. And this from a guy who didn't buy into the Gibson is going to ruin Mesa narrative
that emerged on a lot of gear forums. Now I have evidence to corroborate the conspiracy that

It does make for good forum fodder.

Funny Or Die Fusion GIF by gethardshow

Again.... MKI to MKII to MKIII to MKIV to MKV all saw an increase in features and
versatility. There was a progression in tonal options.

Then we have the MKVII. The one amp in the series that is a seeming outlier from
precedent.

Maybe Gibson... er, Mesa... could not source everything needed to keep making the
MKV in production? Maybe they could not source everything (due to supply chain issues)
to put whatever the MKVI was into production? Maybe the VI/VII went through as many
revisions as it needed to so they could arrive at a stable design that gave them enough
confidence that the necessary parts, in the necessary quantities, would be available to allow
them terminate the V and put the VII into production?

Or maybe not.

Again.... MKI to MKII to MKIII to MKIV to MKV all saw an increase in features and
versatility. There was a progression in tonal options.

Then we have the MKVII. The one amp in the series that is a seeming outlier from
precedent.

Maybe Gibson... er, Mesa... could not source everything needed to keep making the
MKV in production? Maybe they could not source everything (due to supply chain issues)
to put whatever the MKVI was into production? Maybe the VI/VII went through as many
revisions as it needed to so they could arrive at a stable design that gave them enough
confidence that the necessary parts, in the necessary quantities, would be available to allow
them terminate the V and put the VII into production?

Or maybe not.

Yeah, I’d say probably not

Why don't we expand the narrative: Henry J was secretly brought out of retirement to oversee and ensure Randall's compliance during the development process, too.

Recently discovered footage of Henry trying out the new Mark VII mode and showing Randall "how it's done":

63308d1562002542-gibson-suing-dean-guitars-henry-juszkiewicz-plays-guitar-jpg

Back