New Mesa Mark amp coming?

Thanks!

The more I check it out I'm thinking the JP-2C might be a a good match for me, probably better than the Mark VII.

Both have MIDI which would pair well with my FM9.

Both are 18.75" inches wide which exactly matches my Mesa Thiele 1x12.

But I'm not really into bluesy overdrive or Classic Rock Marshall type tones. I like pristine cleans for Jazz and modern high gain tones for Rock.

Both are only 40 lbs. My other 100 watt heads weigh substantially more.

The JP-2C has two equalizers.

Anyone care to comment on their experience with the JP-2C or which they prefer and why?
It sounds exactly like the models of it on your fm9.

It sounds exactly like the models of it on your fm9.

That's good to know, I'll check it out/

My FM9 has been boxed since I moved four months ago. I've been playing through a Blackstar St. James for the last few weeks. I've been meaning to try the FM9 with the St. James but I'm taking my time getting to know the amp's clean tones for Jazz first.

olas demo dosent sound very good to me. not sure why he used that mic no one knows about but i guess ill blame that thing lol

So they send one to Ola half way across the world to Sweden but don't actually sell in Sweden or anywhere outside the US.
That's a big pile of Gibson bullshit right there.

Also, I like how he keeps Master at 1 because how stupidly loud this amp already is at 1.
No global master volume for you !!!

It's hard for me to judge amps by listening to Ola's clips but I do prefer the tones of the REVV Generator 120 Ml III. The Mk VII sounds more solid in the bottom end but the REVV sounds more articulate to me. The different microphones used may have been a factor. Who knows.

I am skipping around. Room mic (or if that mic just has that sort of "roomy" coloration it gives) isn't doing it any favors. I think there is a TRUCKLOAD of gain in it. I think it sounds like it has killer potential. Which it better for $3500 :nails

Sounds good, finally some chugs. Way too much money to spend if all you want are just the Channel 3 options, in which case I would think you would go after a IIC+ or IV if you want to keep up an old tube amp that you end up spending $4K+ on.

Gonna have to wait for more Mark VII metal demos by people who own them over the next year or so. Not all the Sweetwater sponsored YouTuber gear demo one and dones...

@Ola The Swede Thanks for putting this one up.

One thing you got to remember about Ola is that he LOVES gain and uses A LOT of it. If you are into heavily-saturated tones, that might appeal to you, but I come from the school of using just enough and riding the volume knob.

One thing you got to remember about Ola is that he LOVES gain and uses A LOT of it. If you are into heavily-saturated tones, that might appeal to you, but I come from the school of using just enough and riding the volume knob.

i think most people know that watching his channel lol

Just for reference, and pardon the pretty bad YT compression on this older video marring my point a bit, but this is maybe the best tone I’ve ever heard from him and it is just the perfect amount of gain:

compared to how Ola makes his other mesas sound this one just sounds a little “not quite there” to me, just seems to be lacking some girth or something.

Just for reference, and pardon the pretty bad YT compression on this older video marring my point a bit, but this is maybe the best tone I’ve ever heard from him and it is just the perfect amount of gain:

Agreed. I like the tones in this clip a lot better.

compared to how Ola makes his other mesas sound this one just sounds a little “not quite there” to me, just seems to be lacking some girth or something.

There's something about the midrange emphaisi in the Mark VII clip that I'm not loving. I had the same issue with Channel 2 on my TC-50. I eventually found a way to dial it out but I had to cut the midrange substantially. The clip Desertdweller posted sounds more balanced to me.

Agreed. I like the tones in this clip a lot better.

There's something about the midrange emphaisi in the Mark VII clip that I'm not loving. I had the same issue with Channel 2 on my TC-50. I eventually found a way to dial it out but I had to cut the midrange substantially. The clip Desertdweller posted sounds more balanced to me.
I think a lot of that is his mic choice here. I actually have been looking at the SE mics for a few days so it was weird to see one pop up randomly in Ola’s video here, but I’d rather hear this mic a little further out in the cone of the speaker and blended with a dynamic mic instead of just taking this one head-on. I can still hear the tone of the amp come through, but I agree it was an interesting choice of microphone / mic location for this video.

Back