New Mesa Mark amp coming?

You’re right, there’s no metal bands post 1995 playing Mesa amps.

Or… you don’t follow metal. Which is fine, but Marks, Rectos, 5150s and the like are kinda the staple of metal sounds SINCE 1995 when they first started getting really popular with metal guys.

No I’ve been a metalhead all my life (who also happens to like hippie jamband music)

I still can’t think of that many “new” -major- names using Marks either inside or outside of metal

I don’t really think we are disagreeing here. I’m just saying marks are ubiquitous and excel at multiple genres

I mean, I can think of ALL SORTS OF GENRES that use/have used JCM800s, and they're kind of a one trick pony. So no surprise that all sorts of different folks wanna claim something as flexible as the Mark as their own.

For me, the Mark V never appealed because it felt like the channels/modes were set up to make it most useful for metal.

It's not too surprising to me that folks that loved the V are fairly bummed on the VII.

I actually own a V and am pretty sure it is MORE versatile than the VII..... which is also why it is more
valuable to me than the VII will ever be. Tweed and MKI modes. Tube/Silicon Rectifier options for
each channel. I could go on, but others have listed the lost features elsewhere.

I actually own a V and am pretty sure it is MORE versatile than the VII..... which is also why it is more
valuable to me than the VII will ever be. Tweed and MKI modes. Tube/Silicon Rectifier options for
each channel. I could go on, but others have listed the lost features elsewhere.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Like I said, it's not that surprising that someone that loves his V isn't so psyched on this. When I've played Mark Vs, there have been plenty of tones I liked in it, but I couldn't really find those in a 3-channel amp setup on it.

This...I can imagine several 3-channel setups that'd work great for me.

At the end of the day, there are already a ton of Mark Vs out there and they are still selling them, so it's not like that amp is going to disappear or even become scarce anytime soon. It doesn't surprise me that Mark IVs are selling for $2.5k - they are incredibly well made 3-channel amps. That doesn't really lose its value.

I loved my Mark V and miss it a lot. I also think the Mark VII looks badass

Until I can score either for under $2k (unlikely) I don’t think they’ll be entering or reentering my collection

There’s some mark IV combos for $1700 locally thoigh :nails

Tonewars going hard :rofl

This was really funny for the first couple of minutes, but I had to bail after that. I am reasonably certain I don't want to see this guy slap a MkVII, or anything else, in the ass.

P.S. Please send me a free Mesa Boogie Mk amp and I will also be glad to slap things in their asses. Is that actually how this works now? God bless the internet!

some non metal famous mark users off the top of my head:

Santana
Larry Carlton
Jerry Garcia (used during various JGB shows in the 80s, weir experimented with them too at one point or another I believe)
Trey Anastasio
Al do meola
Weezer

Tons and tons of others honestly. Marks are incredibly diverse amps and deliver amazing tones across the board. I don’t mind seeing lower rain demos at all of the VII. I have no worries thst it can’t also crush :idk

Someone might have mentioned it, but God also used them as basically an OD in the 80’s
1678375227347.jpeg

images

45dc10dfc4043c7f2e5b427ffca4a2fe.jpg

Ana Popovic gets some damn good blues tones out of her Mark amp.

I saw her at a blues fest back when she (and myself at the time) was using a Mark IV. Sounded amazing.

Attachments

• 68E5E8C8-BA24-4F44-BE88-065EC69A6792.jpeg
    68E5E8C8-BA24-4F44-BE88-065EC69A6792.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
i dont know who this guy is and assumed he was going to do a proper demo based on the title, then i skimmed through and saw nothing but talking lol
You might have gotten all crazy and assumed that the title "Mesa MkVII Release Reaction" and the big picture of a Mesa MkVII front and center implied there was a Mesa MkVII in the room. :idk

"I'M HERE TO YELL ABOUT THE FACT THAT NO ONE IS DOING THE THING I'M ALSO NOT AT ALL DOING!!!"

You might have gotten all crazy and assumed that the title "Mesa MkVII Release Reaction" and the big picture of a Mesa MkVII front and center implied there was a Mesa MkVII in the room. :idk

"I'M HERE TO YELL ABOUT THE FACT THAT NO ONE IS DOING THE THING I'M ALSO NOT AT ALL DOING!!!"

The pushing out a mean power dump face really sucked me in, I think I make a similar face when I’m really digging an amp

Back