New Mesa Mark amp coming?

FEB40637-D8AE-4807-A5CA-EC1C09823C10.png

I haven’t watched his video yet, but hell yes I have the same questions. Why all the dad rock guitarists? I’m much more akin to Ola Englund than Andertons, Mesa Mark amps I though were primarily played by metal guys, and there’s only one demo of it out there by Fluff that comes anywhere close.

I haven’t watched his video yet, but hell yes I have the same questions. Why all the dad rock guitarists? I’m much more akin to Ola Englund than Andertons, Mesa Mark amps I thought were primarily played by metal guys, and there’s only one demo of it out there by Fluff that comes anywhere close.
I’d argue that the Mark series is much more capable at a variety of genres than your average metal-focused amplifier.

So are we thinking that the Mark VI = JP2C? And that's why they went to Mark VII?
MarkVI is not JP2C. There was a prototype MKVI that never went into production. It was probably
better than the MKVII, but Gibson's bean counters killed it, so the world gets stuck with the MKVII. :whistle

I’d argue that the Mark series is much more capable at a variety of genres than your average metal-focused amplifier.
Great argument. Not one metal demo yet for this thing reall other than Fluff. I know of exactly zero dad Rock guys that play Marks lol

Marks were made famous by metal players and they are generally excellent metal amps. To have no one showing that is bizarre.

some non metal famous mark users off the top of my head:

Santana
Larry Carlton
Jerry Garcia (used during various JGB shows in the 80s, weir experimented with them too at one point or another I believe)
Trey Anastasio
Al do meola
Weezer

Tons and tons of others honestly. Marks are incredibly diverse amps and deliver amazing tones across the board. I don’t mind seeing lower rain demos at all of the VII. I have no worries thst it can’t also crush :idk

Back