New Mesa Mark amp coming?

some non metal famous mark users off the top of my head:

Santana
Larry Carlton
Jerry Garcia (used during various JGB shows in the 80s, weir experimented with them too at one point or another I believe)
Trey Anastasio
Al do meola
Weezer

Tons and tons of others honestly. Marks are incredibly diverse amps and deliver amazing tones across the board. I don’t mind seeing lower rain demos at all of the VII. I have no worries thst it can’t also crush :idk
Santana.jpg

some non metal famous mark users off the top of my head:

Santana
Larry Carlton
Jerry Garcia (used during various JGB shows in the 80s, weir experimented with them too at one point or another I believe)
Trey Anastasio
Al do meola
Weezer

Tons and tons of others honestly. Marks are incredibly diverse amps and deliver amazing tones across the board. I don’t mind seeing lower rain demos at all of the VII. I have no worries thst it can’t also crush :idk

Purple Rain was iic+ i believe, Lukather used them too

I find the terms Boomer Bends and Dad Rock to be pretty obnoxious tbh. (And I’m not an old fart, yet)

Wrestlemania isn’t exactly forging new ground either, playing covers of decade(s) old Dream Theater songs :ROFLMAO:

Mix in a sleeve homie. (Just one, business on the left, party on the right)

Great argument. Not one metal demo yet for this thing reall other than Fluff. I know of exactly zero dad Rock guys that play Marks lol

Marks were made famous by metal players and they are generally excellent metal amps. To have no one showing that is bizarre.
I'm with Spawn-dude. My introduction to Boogie was via looooooooots of 90s jam band's touring with Mark IVs and/or quad-pres and/or studio pres. Freddy Jones Band, Jupiter Coyote, Trey Anastasia, the Harrisonburg VA band I can't remember the name of with guitarist that also played sax (edit: Everything) and a bunch of other dudes. All of whom also had a bit of a Santana lead sound vibe. The same reason my original thoughts on Soldano are not pummeling hard rock...dude from Blues Traveler and Warren Hayes (and some dude named Clapton) were the people I first saw playing those.

Last edited:
In fairness I csnt think of any “famous” metal bands formed past 95 using them either

LoG (formed 1994)
Chevelle (1995)

:cop

In any case, I think the point still stands that Marks excel at every genre you can throw at them
You’re right, there’s no metal bands post 1995 playing Mesa amps.

Or… you don’t follow metal. Which is fine, but Marks, Rectos, 5150s and the like are kinda the staple of metal sounds SINCE 1995 when they first started getting really popular with metal guys.

I mean, I can think of ALL SORTS OF GENRES that use/have used JCM800s, and they're kind of a one trick pony. So no surprise that all sorts of different folks wanna claim something as flexible as the Mark as their own.

For me, the Mark V never appealed because it felt like the channels/modes were set up to make it most useful for metal.

It's not too surprising to me that folks that loved the V are fairly bummed on the VII.

Back