New Mesa Mark amp coming?

I think maybe companies don't want to scare away tube simpletons with extensive midi? (I include myself in that group.) They later did it pretty well in the TC50, although I think only channel-switching was midi-controllable and not all the switches were.
I'm not arguing for e.g every switch being MIDI controllable, just the standard footswitchable options like channel, boost, reverb, fx loop etc. If you have to involve a 5-8 PIN DIN connector, might as well just make it MIDI controllable at that point because then if you don't like the stock footswitch you have options and don't need 3rd party solutions like the RJM Mini Amp Gizmo to replace it.
You had me up until here. I love Mesa's reverb and I love that I can just turn it on and set/forget, while also saving DSP (although that's not a concern as much now with my FM9).
My take is that real spring reverbs built into an amp are a waste. They are noisy, fragile and have nearly always exactly one control while not sounding as good as a nice plate reverb (even if spring has become its own sound). Compare that to plugging any reverb pedal in the fx loop that gives you more control over the sound instead of being limited by what the reverb tank can do.

Mesa is teasing Mark I to III on twitter, I wonder if they are going to reissue the whole range individually or cram everything in a single channel switching amp like Mark V?

I hope they are going back to the IIC-IV formula instead of the current V kitchensink museum.
I think the IV hit the versatility sweet spot with two uncompromised and independent mark channels.

Have you ordered your custom finish yet ?

Too soon 🤔
Yup! It’ll be here in 2036, when Apophis hits!

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

They’ve been saying for years they can’t do a true reissue cuz transformers

Yeah, that explanation has always irked me.

If a smaller company like Suhr can get custom transformers made (example: Bella), then I feel that it must be within Mesa's power to do that, if they had the will to do so.

Would they be able to get custom transformers to sound 100% identical? I don't know, but it must be possible to get in the ball park, and who knows... they may even be able to improve on the transformer design. This is probably more about profit margin than anything.

If a smaller company like Suhr can get custom transformers made (example: Bella), then I feel that it must be within Mesa's power to do that, if they had the will to do so.

Would they be able to get custom transformers to sound 100% identical? I don't know, but it must be possible to get in the ball park, and who knows... they may even be able to improve on the transformer design. This is probably more about profit margin than anything.
Wait until you see the prices next month!

I think there's an environmental issue/change in regulations, maybe? Like they aren't allowed to make the same transformer, even if they could. Not 100% sure of that, seem to have read it somwhere. But yes, they probably don't want to pursue it for more standard business reasons, ie. not enough money in it.

Back