Fractal Audio Firmware Update Thread

I wouldn’t mess with a dude that’s got a room full of dedicated computers, some bandwidth and the ability to code like a mofo …

Can someone suggest some models for REAL Bavarian Cheese Whistle music?

To preface, I do not want to know what your favorite Bavarian Cheese Whistle guitarists uses, unless he is a REAL Bavarian Cheese Whistle guitarist. I don’t want to know how I can tweak something to get close to a Bavarian Cheese Whistle amp, I want a REAL modeled Bavarian Cheese Whistle tone.

To preface, I do not want to know what your favorite Bavarian Cheese Whistle guitarists uses, unless he is a REAL Bavarian Cheese Whistle guitarist. I don’t want to know how I can tweak something to get close to a Bavarian Cheese Whistle amp, I want a REAL modeled Bavarian Cheese Whistle tone.
RFLMAO

Just buy a Kemper Stage and buy a couple of profiles of your stupid Polytone amp FFS :rofl :rofl :rofl

Just buy a Kemper Stage and buy a couple of profiles of your stupid Polytone amp FFS :rofl :rofl :rofl
@JiveTurkey you have been on forums for a while you may remember This reminds me of old harmony central guy Terje from Sweden who was looking for a busking amp to play in Subway station
He thought everyone and any suggestion was too loud
He would deliberately go into 100 watt amp threads and tell them to turn down and it’s too loud and how inconsiderate they were to others playing at that volume and that all you need is this 2.5 battery powered amp

As you can guess it did not end well but hilarity ensued

@JiveTurkey you have been on forums for a while you may remember This reminds me of old harmony central guy Terje from Sweden who was looking for a busking amp to play in Subway station
He thought everyone and any suggestion was too loud
He would deliberately go into 100 watt amp threads and tell them to turn down and it’s too loud and how inconsiderate they were to others playing at that volume and that all you need is this 2.5 battery powered amp

As you can guess it did not end well but hilarity ensued
I remember that name! You can't busk black metal!

The Bavarian models I know prefer beer to cheese.

oktoberfest-girl-waitress-beer-woman-wearing-traditional-bavarian-german-dirndl-octoberfest-serving-big-oktoberfest-225935883.jpg

realistic-head-cheese.jpg

You just tape one of these bad boys to the cone. Shoot an IR. Done.

What I don't understand is why the Jazz guy is even using a modeller or on that forum. Because I would guess that guy doesn't use any effects either?

The reason to buy a FAS device is 1. Pro grade multi-effects and / or 2. Excellent tube amp models.

So if the dude doesn't like ANY of the amp models for Jazz and (probably) doesn't use any effects on his pure Jazz tone ...

Robot Wtf GIF

Last edited:
But this "person" has put in an awful lot of effort into writing complex answers that suggest otherwise? I don't think it's a bot. Unreasonably obsessive and maybe a troll, sure.
I know … he’s petulant…

Now he has posted links to schematics…

The reason I got into Modelling was this,
I was always into music all my life and loved guitar since i was very young , but there was always something getting in the way mostly life
so about 3.5 years ago i said on my birthday will learn guitar, i always wanted to play some of my favourite songs throughout all my years,
So i put my plan in motion and realized to do what i wanted to do the only inexpensive way was to go the Modelling route
i have not been dissapointed especialy since i moved to the Helix

What I don't understand is why the Jazz guy is even using a modeller or on that forum. Because I would guess that guy doesn't use any effects either?

I'm a "Jazz guy" and have been using a modeler for over a decade.

When I got the FM3 I put together a preset with a great Jazz tone. It was on an earlier version of the firmware. When I replicated it on the FM9 that had updated firmware it didn't sound exactly the same but it was close and I've been using it ever since.

If someone can't get a great Jazz tone out of Fractal gear it's not the gear's fault.

Regarding effects, when I'm playing Jazz I only use a little reverb, no effects. But when I finish working on my Jazz chops, usually 40 minutes to an hour later, I switch over to my four gain presets, start with the overdrive one, and slowly work my way up to high gain. While using them the sky's the limit although I don't use a lot of effects. Usually just delay, chorus, rotary, phase and compression but every once in a while I'll try something new.

There's no reason why a Jazz guy shouldn't use a modeler. I don't know who this person is that you're talking about but it sounds like we're not on the same page at all.

Last edited:
Back