Fractal Audio Firmware Update Thread

Jokes aside (and it was funny!), I reckon that specific bot was modeller-agnostic. There were accounts all over the internet on forums completely unrelated to modelling.

So in this particular case, I don't think that it would be fair to point fingers at another modelling company known for its shenanigans.

Last edited:
If any competitor is programming bots to attack other competitors, they’d be better off programming them to say something damning instead of covering ground FAS has already proven themselves on.

If any competitor is programming bots to attack other competitors, they’d be better off programming them to say something damning instead of covering ground FAS has already proven themselves
I am just suspicious of names
That seem random like TKO878
Joined 22 mins ago
First post “why doesn’t fractal improve their GUI and thing like that

Once in a while but when forums get flooded with threads casting doubt or trying to make a manufacturer look bad or deliberately pick a weak point that’s where I question it

I am just suspicious of names
That seem random like TKO878
Joined 22 mins ago
First post “why doesn’t fractal improve their GUI and thing like that

Once in a while but when forums get flooded with threads casting doubt or trying to make a manufacturer look bad or deliberately pick a weak point that’s where I question it

You're right to be suspicious. There's definitely some of that going on too! Just not sure it was happening with this particular bot. Hard to say 🤷

This totally was written by a paisley-patterned Wookiee, and not an AI:

The Fractal Audio FM3 is highly regarded for its sound quality because it combines several factors:
  1. High-quality components: The FM3 uses top-notch components, including premium analog circuits and custom-designed digital processing, that contribute to the unit's excellent sound quality.
  2. Impressive processing power: The FM3 has a powerful processor that can handle complex signal processing, allowing it to produce accurate, detailed, and responsive sounds.
  3. Versatile modelling technology: The FM3 uses proprietary modelling technology that can accurately recreate the sound of classic and contemporary amplifier and effect units. This technology can produce highly realistic and versatile sounds that can be tailored to a wide range of musical styles and playing techniques.
  4. User-friendly interface: The FM3's user interface is intuitive and straightforward, making it easy for musicians to quickly access and adjust the parameters that affect the unit's sound.
Overall, the combination of these factors helps to explain why the Fractal Audio FM3 is considered to have such high-quality sound.

79pgh5.jpg

What kind of bots are we talking about here?

Some of them look pretty nice.

maxresdefault.jpg

Man….I dunno if I could do it. My best friend sent me a bunch of pics of what I thought was a drunk chick bent in half in the back of his SUV, but when I saw a pic of him holding her off the balcony of his apartment by her ankles I realized it was a rather realistic looking adult male toy. I dunno if it can even be considered a toy, it’s f*cking creepy.

hahahaha and a couple weeks ago his sister was in town so he could meet his 2 year old niece for the first time. I go over to meet them and we all end up playing hide and seek. I’m in his closet and his sister came in after me, there was barely any light in there but just enough so when she looked at me to say something she just screamed her face off when she saw a woman’s face with f*cked up hair staring over my shoulder. He contorted the thing in some twisted shape to hide it behind clothes/guitar cases. That was the second time in my life I was paralyzed by laughter. I could not stop laughing, I couldn’t breath, I couldn’t move, everything started to hurt, his sister was having a hard time coming to her senses and it was all so glorious. :rofl

Do not open the spoiler at work.
70B326B5-ED47-4985-92F8-38808DABAF9D.jpeg

Man….I dunno if I could do it. My best friend sent me a bunch of pics of what I thought was a drunk chick bent in half in the back of his SUV, but when I saw a pic of him holding her off the balcony of his apartment by her ankles I realized it was a rather realistic looking adult male toy. I dunno if it can even be considered a toy, it’s f*cking creepy.

hahahaha and a couple weeks ago his sister was in town so he could meet his 2 year old niece for the first time. I go over to meet them and we all end up playing hide and seek. I’m in his closet and his sister came in after me, there was barely any light in there but just enough so when she looked at me to say something she just screamed her face off when she saw a woman’s face with f*cked up hair staring over my shoulder. He contorted the thing in some twisted shape to hide it behind clothes/guitar cases. That was the second time in my life I was paralyzed by laughter. I could not stop laughing, I couldn’t breath, I couldn’t move, everything started to hurt, his sister was having a hard time coming to her senses and it was all so glorious. :rofl

It sounds like you really shared a moment with his sister. The shared trauma may have brought you closer.

Hilarious! Everyone needs a Nacho in their life. :LOL:

I thought that too. So I looked into it. Here is a paste of my post on the FAS forum:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Guys I think poala00 might be some kind of bot, AI training program, or ... something else.

Notice they joined 1st Feb 2023 and have only one post.

They say that their "FM3 died last night" - that was posted yesterday.

But 4 days ago somebody posted the exact same text on Reddit:

So when was "last night" exactly? The Reddit user is probably real, but the bot may have copied that text?

But things get weirder:

poala00 Joined 01-31-2023 immihelp forum, 1 post
https://www.immihelp.com/forum/usa-visitors-visa/794260-applying-for-us-b1-b2-visa

poala00 Joined 01-30-2023 Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes forum, 1 post
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/profile/discussions/poala00

poala00 Joined 01-30-2023 SC II Mapmaster forum, 1 post
https://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/player-zone/map-suggestions-requests/268145-i-need-dinosaur-models

poala00 Joined 01-30-2023 allkpop fourm, 1 post
https://forum.allkpop.com/suite/user/260584-poala00/#recentActivity

poala00 Joined 01-30-2023 audiogon forum, 1 post
https://forum.audiogon.com/users/poala00

poala00 Joined 02-01-2023 chess.com forum, 1 post
https://www.chess.com/member/poala00

poala00 Joined 01-30-2023 DnD Beyond forum, 1 post
https://www.dndbeyond.com/forums/d-...cant-remove-two-spells-one-seems-to-be-the#c2

poala00 Joined 01-30-2023 AT&T forum, 1 post
https://forums.att.com/users/63d7c01eb979310ba1fd0a11

poala00 Joined Joined 02-01-2023, Manga forum, 1 post
https://www.mangaupdates.com/topic/iiscb6g/need-completed-manga-recommendations?page=1#post801068

Honestly, I could keep going. The list is many many times longer than this.

This "user" has never replied on any of those forums so far. I suggest that until they prove themselves to be an actual human that has owned an FM3 here, you are wasting your time with them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yes, it was a bot. IP was from India and shared with several other bot accounts. Not sure what the purpose is. Probably trying to get post counts up and then spam the forum. Spammers are getting more and more creative. As soon as they get a hit from a forum they continue to try and spam that forum.

Yes, it was a bot. IP was from India and shared with several other bot accounts. Not sure what the purpose is. Probably trying to get post counts up and then spam the forum. Spammers are getting more and more creative. As soon as they get a hit from a forum they continue to try and spam that forum.
They are likely trying to seize your site and get you to send then 2000 worth of gift cards from CVS or Best Buy

Back