Can someone explain Fargo?

cragginshred

Roadie
FX series not the movie. I started season 5 by mistake, then went back to season one and am almost finished with it, so please no spoilers.
My question is this show is based on a true story but it seems like there are different bad guys and storylines per season. Are they different locations and characters per season and how true is it?

Really entertaining show!

The true story is a carry over from the original movie. The season's are unique but they somewhat inhabit the same world. At least with the first 3 seasons. Lots of character carry-over although separated by many years in some cases.

The main female cop in season one is the young daughter of the main cop in season two. Stuff like that.

The current season has been great so far! Kind of lost interest a few episodes into last season but will catch up at some point.

Are they different locations and characters per season and how true is it?

Actually seasons one and three must take place consecutively. A secondary character who's just getting arrested at the end of S1 shows up on their way to prison in S3. Absolutely zero other connections between them though that I can remember.

Last edited:
I tried to get into it this weekend. I couldn't.

:sofa

Seemed slow.... and no immediate emotional connection with the characters.
Kind of like living in the Upper Midwest, to be totally honest. :idk

I tried to get into it this weekend. I couldn't.

:sofa

Seemed slow.... and no immediate emotional connection with the characters.
Kind of like living in the Upper Midwest, to be totally honest. :idk
Buddy your talking to a skiing climbing California boy 100% so yeah I get it I could NEVER live there
. Also if a show does not grab me I opt out,.. give it a bit it gets really good.!!

Buddy your talking to a skiing climbing California boy 100% so yeah I get it I could NEVER live there
. Also if a show does not grab me I opt out,.. give it a bit it gets really good.!!

I live in the Upper Midwest so maybe it is all a little too familiar and not that interesting. :idk

Oh, you hit a Deer on the Highway with your car in the Winter. That's just a Tuesday for us. :LOL:

Haha! Yup. You can get on a call sheet with the Police and come and fetch "Roadkill."

There were a few Elk that fell through the Ice on a Lake last Winter and they ended up
getting pulled out (post-mortem!) and all the meat was donated to local missions and
pantries.

Actually seasons one and three must take place consecutively. A secondary character who's just getting arrested at the end of S1 shows up on their way to prison in S3. Absolutely zero other connections between them though that I can remember.
And I loved how they played that same drum beat (although obviously recorded at a different time and/or on different drums, since it didn't sound the same. But it was cool!)

Back