2024 Do Something Challenge - Season One - Week One

I have no doubt LOL. This latest project is truly a pile of crap. All 40 seconds of it. Does that whet your appetite? :rofl

I appreciate the spirit of the endeavor. Too bad the rest of TGF has to go and ruin it by being SO DAMNED TALENTED! :hmm
Competition here is strictly about quantity, not quality (my submissions can prove that) ;~)) So have at it and put the stuff up here!! You will then be an official TGF Recording Artist (and who doesn't want that on their resume?)!!!

I have no doubt LOL. This latest project is truly a pile of crap. All 40 seconds of it. Does that whet your appetite? :rofl

I appreciate the spirit of the endeavor. Too bad the rest of TGF has to go and ruin it by being SO DAMNED TALENTED! :hmm

One of the best pieces of advice I’ve taken from Devin Townsend was “Finish everything. Especially if you think it sucks. How do you know it sucks if it isn’t finished yet? Maybe you thinking it sucks is what it takes to make it into something you love”

It’s equally damning as it is enlightening, because the next time you work on something you’re not digging and you think back to that quote, there’s this “Damnit. Damnit, I don’t want to! But it’s probably in my best benefit to do so….”, which happened to me about 2 days after I heard him say it. It was beneficial because it pulled me out of writing just metal music all the time, almost like I needed permission to do so or something.

(That’s not a submission for this week!)

One of the best pieces of advice I’ve taken from Devin Townsend was “Finish everything. Especially if you think it sucks. How do you know it sucks if it isn’t finished yet? Maybe you thinking it sucks is what it takes to make it into something you love”

It’s equally damning as it is enlightening, because the next time you work on something you’re not digging and you think back to that quote, there’s this “Damnit. Damnit, I don’t want to! But it’s probably in my best benefit to do so….”, which happened to me about 2 days after I heard him say it. It was beneficial because it pulled me out of writing just metal music all the time, almost like I needed permission to do so or something.

(That’s not a submission for this week!)

Welp, with one day to go, and that day almost entirely spoken for, “finished” is going to a relative term lol. The ticking clock is a blessing and a curse.

Good advice, though - thanks.

@LiveeviL2000

Ive been expecting you….

Celebrate Happy Birthday GIF by Bare Tree Media

I still feel bad about that and I'm pretty sure some other people were waiting on vocals for me around that time. This forum wasn't even an idea yet around that time, that was my divorce days and I wasn't getting a whole lot of anything done but existing! :rofl
Are you saying you are free now?

Put new tubes in your throat bias it so you get nice saturation of vocal chords and spit some liquid metal for us!

Do it … you know you want to.

:rofl

Are you saying you are free now?

Put new tubes in your throat bias it so you get nice saturation of vocal chords and spit some liquid metal for us!

Do it … you know you want to.

:rofl

I'm really, really, really cautious about doing that. I need to feel really inspired to work on anything at all and I can't turn that on whenever I want, though that's the goal. I have a mountain of my own music that's been waiting 3 years for that motivation to turn back on and now that it's back, I've happily working away at it, while creating a stockpile of all new stuff to work on.

I know one thing is for certain, I won't take on anything singing lyrics/melodies someone else wrote. The part I get off on the most is hearing something in my head and making it happen, the performance part is often a means to an end within that. Whizzin's song is a great example; as I heard it, all the vocals were already 'there', I just fit words to what I heard and turned on a mic. But it's very much not the same thing when someone hands me the lyrics/melodies and they're 'there' already.

I'm really, really, really cautious about doing that. I need to feel really inspired to work on anything at all and I can't turn that on whenever I want, though that's the goal. I have a mountain of my own music that's been waiting 3 years for that motivation to turn back on and now that it's back, I've happily working away at it, while creating a stockpile of all new stuff to work on.

I know one thing is for certain, I won't take on anything singing lyrics/melodies someone else wrote. The part I get off on the most is hearing something in my head and making it happen, the performance part is often a means to an end within that. Whizzin's song is a great example; as I heard it, all the vocals were already 'there', I just fit words to what I heard and turned on a mic. But it's very much not the same thing when someone hands me the lyrics/melodies and they're 'there' already.
So, that's basically a "No" @megametal7 . :rofl

:stirthepot

:grin

Sad Happy Hour GIF

Emooooooootional Damage!!!!

Back