Do Something - Season Four - Week Triple X

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
Welcome to Week Triple X - no this isn't about the bald over-actor, although feel free to play fast & furious. It's also not about the congenital syndrome that afflicts some women. Speaking of, it's also not about your three ex-wives who were afflicted with you.

What exactly is it about then? That's for you to know and me to find out.

I should probably start following Dwayne's sage advice:

images

Would likely save me a lot of pain... and think of the hours I'd get back every day by not calling myself an idiot?

This might also focus solely on the movie 3x. From IMDB:

A stripper, janitor and lawyer are found dead in a shopping mall and a crazed religious fanatic is behind it all.
Not sure which part was his, but pretty sure @FuzzyAce had a starring role in that one...

Anyway, here's what's going on so far:

Regular weekly/bi-weekly challenge:

@fretworn - 1
@PLX - 4!!!
@Iron1 - 3
@Whizzinby - 2
@FuzzyAce - 1

Alex Kenivel - 2
@Desertdweller - 1

@woody - 1
@Sleezy E - 1
@Will Chen - 1
(doesn't really count, but participation trophy is a thing...)

That's 18 pieces of music that didn't exist prior to this challenge season. Way to go!

The rest of TGF combined:
1697370424053.jpeg

TGF Do Something Season Four BANDMATE CHAMPION:

>crickets<
(Some collabs are simmering, but nada yet...)

Ok, time to get going with Week Triple X!

h6t50e87ixvmmvcwwft6.jpg

Congrats to all who have participated already!
For all the rules, reasons why @Bob Zaod lost out on a Stomp Buck, why Corporate Rock is the walk up music of parasitic vultures, factual understanding of why discerning young people are listening to music created before they were, why it's time Gorilla and Crate enter the modeler wars and have a bikini-clad cage match and other such non-existent musings, please refer to the Week WON thread.

Last edited:
I only had 4, because 1 of those was just me reposting a track to the new clip hosting site, "Audius".

:farley

This week I went back and re-mixed an old entry. Retracked the bass and the distorted intro. I have a handful of old(er) submissions that I want to go back and try to improve a little now that ive got a slightly better grip on things in the DAW and mixing. (Emphasis on slightly lol) Id put in the Directors Cut thread, but forget that, I don't have time in the week to do both. :ROFLMAO:

This week I went back and re-mixed an old entry. Retracked the bass and the distorted intro. I have a handful of old(er) submissions that I want to go back and try to improve a little now that ive got a slightly better grip on things in the DAW and mixing. (Emphasis on slightly lol) Id put in the Directors Cut thread, but forget that, I don't have time in the week to do both. :ROFLMAO:

lana del rey freak GIF

to this ...

tiger swimming GIF

love it ...

OK, here is something that I don't normally do, but can not stop right now! That would be Travis picking!! Dropped my pick about a month ago and finished the song I was playing in said style. Now I want to play everything in that style!!! This is just me-andering with cowboy chords and the fabulous Axe FXIII ;~))

SUAPYG
SUAPYG_01_2023Oct15_1200x1200.jpg

I have Audius set up but it's not being cooperative atm.:cop

edit: working now.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I totally think you should stop trying to play all the roles in a bad bar joke turned into a low budget movie and focus on songwriting. Great stuff here. The movie, not so much.

While this doesn't count as a new entry, it's still really cool. Now, go post it in the Director's Cut thread too... slacker.

OK, here is something that I don't normally do, but can not stop right now! That would be Travis picking!! Dropped my pick about a month ago and finished the song I was playing in said style. Now I want to play everything in that style!!! This is just me-andering with cowboy chords and the fabulous Axe FXIII ;~))

I've told myself I'm going to learn how to finger pick several times, followed soon after by the sad realization that I've lied to myself several times and finger picking might not be something I ever learn to do. Clearly you do not have a self-dishonesty problem in that regard, great job.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I totally think you should stop trying to play all the roles in a bad bar joke turned into a low budget movie and focus on songwriting.
Haha, I appreciate that! :beer

Great stuff here. The movie, not so much.
Be honest... was it the stripper role? I'm not making excuses, but it's really tough to play dead characters laying in a mall.

Back