2024 Do Something Challenge - Season One - Week One

Now that wasn't so hard now was it? I really like the music box feel, but what I like even more is when you broke out of that box, nice riffs! Good job!! Looking forward to the next spin ;~))
THANK YOU FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT. So this is the part where I pretend it was easy, huh? ;) Actually it was pretty easy. It was all the ideas I deleted that were hard.

Hell yeah, what were you using on that, the QC or FM3?
QC. (JP-2C channel 2, and a Princeton, I think?) It's just too damned easy to use. I can quickly drag blocks and I/O around for all the instruments, make variations on Scenes really painlessly, and when I'm done I've got one self-documenting Preset to match up with my Ableton project.

NGL, I'm a little jelly I didn't come up with that opening/closing riffage. Killer stuff M! Way to enter the fray with riffs flying!
Thank you! But also NGL: the second I played that Em/ Bmb5 thing, it made me think of your riff in your first submission. :D And by extension, the Jugulator tune I menioned earlier. So much so that I almost guiltily pressed the Delete button (for the 600th time.)

Actually it was pretty easy. It was all the ideas I deleted that were hard.
This happens. I can't tell you how many times I've gone into making a song with a riff or idea -- and by the end of the process it never made it in the finished product. I try not to completely delete stuff though, because you never know? Maybe it'll work in finishing up another song. That's kind of what happened in my first entry this week. 3 totally different riffs in different keys and I asked myself 'how can I make this work?'. That's part of the fun that drives me into creating something.

Anyways, keep posting music @mbenigni . No idea is unworthy or dumb!

Last edited:
Keep it up! @mbenigni
go go go run GIF

I say that, every time I press the record button.

:rolleyes:
We're our own worse critics. I try not to overanalyze when I record but it's difficult not to I guess. If it isn't the music, it's the mix, and vice-versa. That's why these challenges are good though. It helps to focus getting something done instead of getting something 'perfect'.

Back