2024 Do Something Challenge - Season One - Week One

I have really liked what I have heard from the new Rolling Stones album "Hackney Diamonds"! Here is my rendition of "Angry" from that album!! Live recording from January 19, 2024 in studio. PRS McCarty 594 HBII, Axe FXIII, cajon, Rode NTR mic for vocals.

Angry
Angry_2024Jan20_1200x1200.jpg

Last edited:
**BANDMATE CHALLENGE ENTRY

@Iron1 - Rhythm Guitars, Bass, Whip Kraken'
@LiveeviL2000 - Rhythm Guitars, Lead Guitars, Poor Life Choices
Cole Ostomie - Drums

Iron1 used Solar A2.7 w/Duncan Solar + & Duncan Nazgul, Ibanez SR305alphabet, Helix Rack (guitars: SD1, Mesa Recto & Ola Mesa OS cab IR and SD1, Ubershall, Ola Mesa OS IR, bass: secret sauce)

Liveevil2000 used Jackson King V KVT Pro Series w/Duncan Distortions, HX Stomp (SD1, Uberschall & Uberschall 412 and SD1, SLO Lead, Cali 412), Vince Neil Body Pillow

@Iron1 playing on that track was mentally disturbing.
Dumb And Dumber GIF

Drone-y and too long. Started it like I do everything else aka pick slide is bast :bag I need to think of a harmony for the main riff but don't have anything on my mind so this is it \m/

Axe III RV50 boosted by Rat and OCD
JT Industries cabs
FAS dual detune, delay and Plex of some sort such
Bonus points for slightly off bends over the outro "lead section" :whistle

Drone-y and too long. Started it like I do everything else aka pick slide is bast :bag I need to think of a harmony for the main riff but don't have anything on my mind so this is it \m/

JT Industries cabs

:headbang

iu

Sorry for the spam. I have to get all my entries for the season done in the next few days.

Not "spam" at all! It is what this challenge is about, putting it out there!! Your submits have been great and I am sure all welcome as many as you can muster ;~))

I have really liked what I have heard from the new Rolling Stones album "Hackney Diamonds"! Here is my rendition of "Angry" from that album!! Live recording from January 19, 2024 in studio. PRS McCarty 594 HBII, Axe FXIII, cajon, Rode NTR mic for vocals.

Well… that song was not angry at.all. … :hmm It was cool, inventive, funny in spots and well done. But it was not angry. #FakeNews

JT Industries cabs

Epic! Love the growl in the guitar tone. Really cool atmosphere at the end too.
Sorry for the spam. I have to get all my entries for the season done in the next few days.

Killer mood music. Great fit and contrast to your earlier entries.

It was not, however, spam. In fact, nothing about it had any qualities found in processed, canned meat-like products. More #FakeNews.

:cop

Well… that song was not angry at.all. … :hmm It was cool, inventive, funny in spots and well done. But it was not angry. #FakeNews

Epic! Love the growl in the guitar tone. Really cool atmosphere at the end too.

Killer mood music. Great fit and contrast to your earlier entries.

It was not, however, spam. In fact, nothing about it had any qualities found in processed, canned meat-like products. More #FakeNews.

:cop
Thanks for the listen! Bit thicker than I usually dial in. Started with a fuzz but was too messy.

My tinnitus has been kicking in bad today so the mix may sound like utter dog poo? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :rofl
I incorporated an old sax lead from a buddy of mine (2005). Luckily it was the same tempo and key, worked out fine I think.

OK, I did... something. Shameless copy pasta from the beginning to the end to establish some semblance of form. I'm on a tight clock tonight, having been summoned upstairs to watch some animated Disney flick for the hundredth time or some such. :D

It's not 30 seconds of sine wave?

:sofa

OK, I did... something. Shameless copy pasta from the beginning to the end to establish some semblance of form. I'm on a tight clock tonight, having been summoned upstairs to watch some animated Disney flick for the hundredth time or some such. :D

Now that wasn't so hard now was it? I really like the music box feel, but what I like even more is when you broke out of that box, nice riffs! Good job!! Looking forward to the next spin ;~))

I know, need to get Drew to sing that one to bring the anger! All kidding aside, thanks for listening and the kind response (even though it was filled with #FakeNews) ;~))

Hell yeah, what were you using on that, the QC or FM3?

My tinnitus has been kicking in bad today so the mix may sound like utter dog poo? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :rofl
I incorporated an old sax lead from a buddy of mine (2005). Luckily it was the same tempo and key, worked out fine I think.

Once again, you deliver the goods my friend. Love it!

NGL, I'm a little jelly I didn't come up with that opening/closing riffage. Killer stuff M! Way to enter the fray with riffs flying!
:cool: BANDMATE CHALLENGE ENTRY :cool:

@FuzzyAce - Guitars, Bass, Drums
@PLX - Guitars

Well, that's just not fair - two amazing musicians on the same track... leave some awesome for the rest of us!

Back