2024 Do Something Challenge - Season One - Week Eight!

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
1473911201_00032.jpg

When you get dragged out of bed during a flu-induced fever dream to post a thread about Boomhauer as a fictional DJ on a fictional radio station that discusses new music and places to hide pinecones, well, let's just say it might not be a pretty thing...

So, instead of diving into new things, we're just gonna rewind to the days of future past.

ddfe38b5c1c9f3c49142c34ac318e12c.jpg

(actual picture of @FuzzyAce, @LiveeviL2000, @Whizzinby and Boomhauer in their Post-Extreme Blackened Crust Bay Area Progressive Djent Sludge Thrash Barbershop Quartet from 2003)
Here's where we are ladies and whatever the rest of you are:

@PLX - 15!!!
@Iron1 - 10

@LiveeviL2000 - 5
@Whizzinby - 11
@DrewJD82 - 3
@FuzzyAce - 10
@Alex Kenivel - 9
@Sleezy E - I
@T Gobbs - 15!!!
@Moondog Wily - 6
@TJontheRoad - 5
@aldunk - 5
@megametal7 - I
@JiveTurkey - 2
@mbenigni - 4
@joezlo - 1
@SKU - 4
@LeftyLoungeLizard - 2
@The Monorails - 1
@primeholy - 2
@TVvoodoo - 1 (technically doesn't count since it was done prior to the season, but it's the last week so...)
@riffy - 1

**BANDMATE CHALLENGE ENTRY
@Iron1 - 2
@LiveeviL2000 - I
@FuzzyAce - I
@PLX - 3!!
@aldunk - 1
@megametal7 - 1
@LeftyLoungeLizard - 1

Ruleses

The entrants with the Top Five most entries will be eligible for pinecone insertion in their personal orifice of choice inclusion on the first ever WTGF Youtube Compilation Album on TGF Records!

From Week One Thread:

The 2024 Do Something Challenge Season One Grand Prize
brought to you by WTGF - The best radio station not actually on the radio, but still broadcasting across the airwaves ™
The Top Five Submitters (the five recording artists who submit the most entries this season) will earn a WTGF recording contract!

"But, @Iron1 how does that work? The Gear Forum is a forum, not a record label?"

While we get this question all the time, the answer is: not really.

"Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?" you ask?

Well, the almighty @David Lo Pan is opening up the very first TGF Youtube Channel. At the end of the season, the top 5 submitters will be offered the opportunity to have their two favorite submissions added to a 10-track Youtube Compilation Album, sponsored by WTGF! To clarify, "Top 5 submitters" is the 5 peeps who post the most qualified entries.

Like most actual recording contracts, you get nothing, have no rights and can't actually prove you had a recording contract. So, bear that in mind. Wait, I don't think we were supposed to tell you that part... what? Oh, I guess it's ok since WTGF is a fake radio station and not an actual blood-sucking record label.

Anyway, the top 5 submitters will have one week after the end of Season One to submit their two favorite entries to David for inclusion in the first TGF YouTube Do Something Challenge Compilation album. Don't call it just a playlist, it cheapens the illusion...

We are looking for someone who would love to help create the videos when the time comes >cough< @Moondog Wily >cough< so if you have solid video making skills and would like to join the entirely unpaid, often make-believe, staff of WTGF, please send a message to @Iron1

In the event of a tie, pistols at 40 paces will determine the winner... wait... HR says we can't do that anymore ever since the "Danny" incident... I miss him sometimes...

So, if there is a tie, we'll decide what to do about that when the time comes cause we're no where near organized enough to have thought of a solution for that yet. What do you think this is, a legit thing? Sheesh...

This is what happens when my brain tries to regain control from the fever...

Plus 30 seconds or so at the end just to rattle the piss outta your speakers (symbolic of my guts churning through all the meds...).

This is what happens when my brain tries to regain control from the fever...

Plus 30 seconds or so at the end just to rattle the piss outta your speakers (symbolic of my guts churning through all the meds...).

This is bad ass my friend! :love

Your phrasing is gorgeous!

Is this over a backing track, or did you play the organ part as well?
Sorry to disappoint, brother, but this is a cover-ish of Robben Ford's Help the poor. If that was my composition I'd probably not be on forums debating Amp where I'm at :grin

Trying to get my brain going full speed again...

Gear used:

Solar A2.6S w/Elysian Trident II into Helix Rack (Invective [x2], Uber & Soldano presets)
Fernades BXB75 w/DogFighter pups into Helix Rack (secret sauce preset)
Fear of slowing down...

Back