NDSP Quad Cortex

I think they may hit June 30 for 3.0. Progress is slow but moving. At this point they know architecture and code changes for plugins and QC.
1715182583480.png

It's definitely a strategy to charge twice. One would hope it's not the same content.

A properly diabolical company would have gotten to it S O O N E R. :D

The intent is there, but they're simply not technically adept enough to take full advantage. That's likely why there's no paid marketplace for captures. As they say, the (money-making) spirit is willing, but the (development capability) flesh is weak.

The intent is there, but they're simply not technically adept enough to take full advantage. That's likely why there's no paid marketplace for captures. As they say, the (money-making) spirit is willing, but the (development capability) flesh is weak.
Fine by me. IMO monetization (and further segmentation) of NDSP Cloud content belongs with PCOM on the "Be Careful What You Wish For" pile.

Fine by me. IMO monetization (and further segmentation) of NDSP Cloud content belongs with PCOM on the "Be Careful What You Wish For" pile.

True. Tonex got the marketplace right out of the gate (because, you know....IK NickelandDimeMedia), but now they charge $99 for "Mesa master amplifier" collections or whatever. I guess that's even more nightmarish....

aka as their latest excuse.

Not sure why anyone would put any stock in what NSDP says about anything until said thing actually materializes.

I believe the original selling point of plugin compatibility was that NDSP already had an established user base that compatibility would appeal to in the form of being able to transfer their current go to sounds from the plugins into the new hardware device.

Three or so years later has been less than optimal for early adopters in above said demographic.

File under a bit late.
Different perspective... digital wasn't even on my radar when the QC launched. So I'm a (very) late adopter. Started looking at the QC/Helix/Fractal units literally a month or two ago. Tried them all. Some multiple times. Landed on the QC for now. It just ticks more boxes for me. But doesn't mean that are the same boxes ticked for someone else.

I am optimistic I think they are going to hit that target 🎯 of PCOM by June 30th
Probably depends how the beta goes.. ???

Supposed to be in closed beta now. Guessing no one here is close enough to be on said "closed" beta... ???

Different perspective... digital wasn't even on my radar when the QC launched. So I'm a (very) late adopter. Started looking at the QC/Helix/Fractal units literally a month or two ago. Tried them all. Some multiple times. Landed on the QC for now. It just ticks more boxes for me. But doesn't mean that are the same boxes ticked for someone else.
Was NDSP plugin compatibility one of your deciding factors?

Probably depends how the beta goes.. ???

Supposed to be in closed beta now. Guessing no one here is close enough to be on said "closed" beta... ???
If it is me personally I would hold on to it till June 30th
You have a time line so no one can complain

In the interim I would beta test the crap out of it and try to get Soldano X and Nameless X ready since you essentially have 2 months

Then release Gojira, Plini , Soldano , Nameless at same time

Call a 48 hour 50% July 4th sale and …. Profit

I don’t think they are charging you twice, I mean if you paid for the plug in it free in QC when available, if you don’t own it then you would have to purchase
Other than the presets it seems like the content should already be available. Really don’t know why they haven’t included the models already in the hardware since they can allegedly crank them out in no time.

Okay. Though not really seeing the divergence in your perspective.
Meaning I'm happy with the QC and don't have a chip on my shoulder about them not delivering on promises made 3 years ago. That seems to be the broken record rhetoric around here. I take the unit at face value in its current incarnation and firmware.

Would I have a different opinion of NDSP had I bought one 2-3 years ago with the notion of plug-in intergration coming "S O O N"? Maybe, but that's not my case.

Other than the presets it seems like the content should already be available. Really don’t know why they haven’t included the models already in the hardware since they can allegedly crank them out in no time.
It’s a pretty grey area , I mean if you are talking about models being the same ones in the Archetype for instance those are original models we can guess at what they are based on but NDSP has never said John 3 amps are based on this

So if we do by the current content in QC and what those players use , you could say some of it is already there

Rabea =Kraken
Petrucci = JP2C
Gojira = EVH 5153 gold El34 red channel

Rabea =Kraken
Petrucci = JP2C
Gojira = EVH 5153 gold El34 red channel

In Rabea's case it's a modded version of the Kraken according to Dan. It has a presence knob added and some other changes. I don't know if other artists have had theirs modded. Can probably presume they do.

I think the clean from the Abasi is the Captain 50 (Morgan SW50) already on the QC too.

Back