NDSP Quad Cortex

Same. I’ll wait until QC is updated and see what happens. Although if they do announce Nolly X I may swipe right.

Yeah the Nolly plug is really fantastic. I’m anxious for them to update that and the Cali.

Yeah, this is 3 years' worth of "fail to add content to the QC because you were paving the way to add (paid) content to the QC."

200.gif

At least they are now publicly admitting the native content drought is due to their plug-in efforts. Maybe they’ll get some pressure from within their user base to remind them that plugins seemed like a great idea back when they were presenting it as a “shortly after launch” feature, and not an “at the expense of developing new native content three years later” feature.

My concern is that they'll put the X plugins into a "too valuable to discount" bucket after PCOM is delivered, the same way the Mesa MkIIc+ Suite was excluded from 50% off sales for a while (and possibly still?)
I was able to buy the IIC+ plugin for 50% off during the recent sale. I think it ended yesterday. All the X ones were also 50% off including Soldano X which was released the first day of the sale.

I’ll admit I was surprised. I was expecting exclusions which Neural has done before.

At least they are now publicly admitting the native content drought is due to their plug-in efforts.
aka as their latest excuse.

Not sure why anyone would put any stock in what NSDP says about anything until said thing actually materializes.

I believe the original selling point of plugin compatibility was that NDSP already had an established user base that compatibility would appeal to in the form of being able to transfer their current go to sounds from the plugins into the new hardware device.

Three or so years later has been less than optimal for early adopters in above said demographic.

File under a bit late.

Not sure why anyone would put any stock in what NSDP says about anything until said thing actually materializes
Agreed. That's why I couldn't care less about what they say on Discord. Yay they are communicating (which usually only happens when they want a pat on the back or about to release something).

Until they start coming through it doesn't mean much what they say.

Hopefully they can start building up some good faith moving forward

Agreed. That's why I couldn't care less about what they say on Discord. Yay they are communicating (which usually only happens when they want a pat on the back or about to release something).

Until they start coming through it doesn't mean much what they say.

Hopefully they can start building up some good faith moving forward
I am fully expecting plug in gate once they release PCOM
There are already people saying X plug sounds different from the OG So I am sure
This does not sound the same in my QC blocks will be a complaint for summer 2024 😂

I don't even read the updates that land in my email inbox. Forget about Discord LOL. If it weren't for TGF, I wouldn't even know when to update the firmware. (Not that that's a frequent concern...)
And all that being said, the QC is in a fine place right now. It's unfortunate the company just had to absolutely botch it.

But I also think it's important to recognize us being on a gear forum puts us into an even smaller percentage of people and most who buy the QC are probably very happy with it and don't know anything about NDSP as a company.

I think the significance of them conceding the impact of plug-in dev on QC dev is it may create some pressure from within their user base to find a way to focus on native content. I mean their loyal base would argue to the death that they were separate teams and one did not impact the other yada yada. It was nonsense then and has proved to be nonsense now, but at least the company has admitted it. Maybe some of their own user base will put some pressure on them, because surely there is a percentage of their base, like Mben, that is wondering why they should care about plugin dev if they don’t own any plugins and don’t plan to buy any. Plug-in compatibility is cool if the device itself is still being aggressively updated. If not, it’s going to be a hollow victory for many.

That said, I don’t see how it won’t continue to impact QC dev given how many plugs they still have to completely rebuild, and they are pot committed to see that out now. It will be interesting to see how they navigate this over the next year or so, because I could totally see PCOM lasting through the entirety of 2025 at this pace.

That said, I don’t see how it won’t continue to impact QC dev given how many plugs they still have to completely rebuild, and they are pot committed to see that out now. It will be interesting to see how they navigate this over the next year or so, because I could totally see PCOM lasting through the entirety of 2025 at this pace.
Definitely. Idk how they were able to state QC updates will renew after this 3.0.0 release but in the same breath say they still have many more plugins to go and that new plugins will not necessarily be compatible at launch. So it's not like they cracked some universal code? What's different moving forward when they still have plugins to update? Why haven't they been updating the QC as planned if they are now somehow able to do it after 3.0.0?

So many questions lol

As in all plugs compatible? That would be wild.
Definitely not. NDSP is openly discussing PCOM as an ongoing, "per plugin" conversion effort now - which demands a rather generous interpretation of the word "compatibility".

E.g. "The new Apple MacBook will now run all of your Windows applications! (Provided someone rewrites those Windows applications for Mac.)"

Last edited:
Definitely. Idk how they were able to state QC updates will renew after this 3.0.0 release but in the same breath say they still have many more plugins to go and that new plugins will not necessarily be compatible at launch. So it's not like they cracked some universal code? What's different moving forward when they still have plugins to update? Why haven't they been updating the QC as planned if they are now somehow able to do it after 3.0.0?

So many questions lol

My guess is that the heavy lifting for PCOM is 3.0, and subsequent versions to accommodate new plugin batches will just be small variants.

But as @Whizzinby noted, PCOM will likely last until the end of next year given their current pace, so we'll have to see.

I think they may hit June 30 for 3.0. Progress is slow but moving. At this point they know architecture and code changes for plugins and QC.

Back