Preamp+Poweramp = FUN!

SeeD

Roadie
So the last few week I`ve been lurking for some Preamp and Poweramp captures for my Quad Cortex, and now I have ...

Preamps -

VHT SigX
VHT GP3
Marshall JMP-1
Mesa Boogie Triaxis
Synergy stuff... alot

Poweramps -

Friedman Steve Stevens Poweramp
Fryette Power station Poweramp
Fryette LXII Poweramp
Marshall Jubeilee Poweramp
Mesa Boogie 2:90 Poweramp
Engel SE Poweramp
Bogner Goldfinger Poweramp
Marshall JMP Poweramp

And I must say, when folk know how to capture stuff the right way... it plays together really nice, and sound soo good!
And the best part all this for free, and none of these were in my box when I got it.
It`s real fun to be able to put captures of stuff into the QC. Love models of stuff, but captures is also good ( when it done right )

Last edited:
It can also be fun to pair physical preamp pedals with the captures power amps. Doesn't quite hit the same but close enough!

So the last few week I`ve been lurking for some Preamp and Poweramp captures for my Quad Cortex, and now I have ...

Preamps -

VHT SigX
VHT GP3
Marshall JMP-1
Mesa Boogie Triaxis
Cameron CCV (clone)
Synergy stuff... alot

Poweramps -

Fryette LXII Poweramp
Engel SE Poweramp
Marshall JMP Poweramp

And I must say, when folk know how to capture stuff the right way... it plays together really nice, and sound soo good!
And the best part all this for free, and none of these were in my box when I got it.
It`s real fun to be able to put captures of stuff into the QC. Love models of stuff, but captures is also good ( when it done right )

Digital rack rig ftw

Just out of curiosity: Have you ported my NAM poweramp pack into the QC or are you just using my NAM captures on their own?

Which poweramp models are your favorites?

Preamps -

VHT SigX
VHT GP3
Marshall JMP-1
Mesa Boogie Triaxis
Cameron CCV (clone)
Synergy stuff... alot

Poweramps -

Fryette LXII Poweramp
Engel SE Poweramp
Marshall JMP Poweramp

If you’re dabbling on NAM stuff , have you tried Tonocracy?

Just out of curiosity: Have you ported my NAM poweramp pack into the QC or are you just using my NAM captures on their own?

Which poweramp models are your favorites?
Hi, first I would like to say a big thanks for all the cool things you are sharing!
Wow your things sound really good :beer
I just made a video with some of your poweramp captures ( I made captures of these, with my Quad Cortex ) and I`m using my QC in the video.
I love the Friedman SS poweramp, and the Bogner GF, I also like the Mesa 2:90. I also love that you made these with VOL 2-4-6-8 and with PRESENCE at the same
These are thing I have not tested a lot in the past, but I found out that if I get a hold of some nice poweramp captures, thing open up a lot with preamps and stuff.
We have some factory poweramp captures in the Quad Cortex, but I think yours sound better

I was trying this pre+poweramp last year, but the poweramp captures I found was not sounding good.

If you would like for me NOT to share any of these captures I made..just say the word!
I did link to your page on Tonehunt

What is your fav poweramp ??

If you’re dabbling on NAM stuff , have you tried Tonocracy?
Yes, I am testing this one these days. But I like to have things inside my QC, if I find some cool stuff
What a wonderful world we live in, were things like this is free, and folks are sharing cool stuff all the time! Love it

This is really good. How’s the accuracy in your view when compared to NAM (I know I know, it’s a capture of capture) but just wondering if it’s good enough of a workaround to load NAM captures on QC.

This is really good. How’s the accuracy in your view when compared to NAM (I know I know, it’s a capture of capture) but just wondering if it’s good enough of a workaround to load NAM captures on QC.
I feel that it is really good, sometimes it's 95% and sometimes it's 99%. But this is like you said a capture of a capture 😊

Hi, first I would like to say a big thanks for all the cool things you are sharing!
Wow your things sound really good :beer
I just made a video with some of your poweramp captures ( I made captures of these, with my Quad Cortex ) and I`m using my QC in the video.
I love the Friedman SS poweramp, and the Bogner GF, I also like the Mesa 2:90. I also love that you made these with VOL 2-4-6-8 and with PRESENCE at the same
These are thing I have not tested a lot in the past, but I found out that if I get a hold of some nice poweramp captures, thing open up a lot with preamps and stuff.
We have some factory poweramp captures in the Quad Cortex, but I think yours sound better

I was trying this pre+poweramp last year, but the poweramp captures I found was not sounding good.

If you would like for me NOT to share any of these captures I made..just say the word!
I did link to your page on Tonehunt

What is your fav poweramp ??

Glad you like the captures! I'm also very partial to the Friedman SS poweramp and the Marshall JMP powersection myself, I'm an EL34 kinda guy at heart, so that's why. It's also my experience that a good poweramp can really turn a good preamp capture into a great one. It's amazing how much of a difference it can sometimes make.

The NAM captures are aleady free, you can share the quadcortex captures of them, just reference my name somewhere in the capture description and all is well.

Glad you like the captures! I'm also very partial to the Friedman SS poweramp and the Marshall JMP powersection myself, I'm an EL34 kinda guy at heart, so that's why. It's also my experience that a good poweramp can really turn a good preamp capture into a great one. It's amazing how much of a difference it can sometimes make.

The NAM captures are aleady free, you can share the quadcortex captures of them, just reference my name somewhere in the capture description and all is well.
I will take a look at the JMP poweramp you made captures of!
That is so cool of you, sure I will mention you in the description. I hope you get yourself a Quad Cortex some day
:beer
Keep up the good work.

Back