NDSP Quad Cortex

Meaning I'm happy with the QC and don't have a chip on my shoulder about them not delivering on promises made 3 years ago. That seems to be the broken record rhetoric around here. I take the unit at face value in its current incarnation and firmware.

Would I have a different opinion of NDSP had I bought one 2-3 years ago with the notion of plug-in intergration coming "S O O N"? Maybe, but that's not my case.

Just to be crystal clear, it's not only not delivering on promises made before, during and shortly after launch. Their communication - yes, even in 2024 - remains shifty, ever-changing, generally frustrating and non-transparent.

The PCOM saga is a perfect example. Up until last September, they swore up and down there was a single CorOS update coming in the future "that introduces the functionality required to support plugins." (keyword is the plural "plugins") In February of this year, they said "We are still on track to release plugin compatibility in Q2 this year."

Then, in March, they pulled the switcharoo of saying that 3.00 will introduce plugin compatibility.....of two plugins - Plini and Gojira. Even though Fortin X and Soldano X are both available now, CorOS 3.0 won't support them. In fact, every batch will need a separate "accompanying update" to work on your QC. Being that Gojira dropped in early January, but the update to support it won't hit until late May or June....it appears quite a lag will happen when it comes to "availability".

As I said again - even today - the underlying product is actually pretty good and should work great for a lot of people. I would just remind you not to trust too much in anything the company behind it says....because it'll probably be a different story a couple of weeks or a couple of months from now.

Last edited:
We knew about the delayed plugin cross compatibility since Plini X was released last October.

Not a delay for each batch of releases, we didn't.

In fact, it's telling that the press release of Plini X pays a ton of lip service to the Quad Cortex compatibility that Neural "will soon deliver" (LOL). The press releases for Nameless and Soldano X don't mention the Quad Cortex at all.

Just to be crystal clear, it's not only not delivering on promises made before, during and shortly after launch. Their communication - yes, even in 2024 - remains shifty, ever-changing, generally frustrating and non-transparent.

The PCOM saga is a perfect example. Up until last September, they swore up and down there was a single CorOS update coming in the future "that introduces the functionality required to support plugins." (keyword is the plural "plugins") In February of this year, they said "We are still on track to release plugin compatibility in Q2 this year."

Then, in March, they pulled the switcharoo of saying that 3.00 will introduce plugin compatibility.....of two plugins - Plini and Gojira. Even though Fortin X and Soldano X are both available now, CorOS 3.0 won't support them. In fact, every batch will need a separate "accompanying update" to work on your QC. Being that Gojira dropped in early January, but the update to support it won't hit until late May or June....it appears quite a lag will happen when it comes to "availability".

As I said again - even today - the underlying product is actually pretty good and should work great for a lot of people. I would just remind you not to trust too much in anything the company behind it says....because it'll probably be a different story a couple of weeks or a couple of months from now.
Blah blah blah...

Pretty sure we knew ages ago for each X that comes out there would need to be a subsequent CorOS update.

This is all accurate and fair, but in terms of scope, it's all about PCOM - to which @LCW has already said he's indifferent.

More broadly: (Apart from honoring warranty terms) there's no need to trust the company if you already have what you bargained for when you made your purchase. That's about where I stand with it. In fact, I'm sometimes concerned they're going to "make good" on a promise and somehow diminish (i.e. overcomplicate) the product in doing so.

It's cool. Most people handwave problematic aspects around a product they like using or consuming. Nothing special about that.
Man people get a QC and proceed to just not want to say anything bad about it 🤣

I know we are a little harsh but it's also interesting watching people buy the QC and a switch flips where they make it seem like we are bonkers for our arguments.

I'm glad people are happy with their purchase though!

Last edited:
Pretty sure we knew ages ago for each X that comes out there would need to be a subsequent CorOS update.

Would love to see the development update from - as you say - ages ago that clearly established this.

Neither the March nor February updates mention this. The only other one I know of was September 2023, which they conveniently revised in March.

Would love to see the development update from - as you say - ages ago that clearly established this.

Neither the March nor February updates mention this. The only other one I know of was September 2023, which they conveniently revised in March.

Pretty sure it was the September one.

I know we are a little harsh but it's also interesting watching people buy the QC and a flip switches where they make it seem like we are bonkers for our arguments.

I bought mine fully expecting it to suck. I just couldn't bear the curiosity any longer (and there were rumors of a price hike at the time.) Imagine my surprise when it showed up and kicked ass. :)

I don't have any problem addressing its (IMO minor) weaknesses, or calling out NDSP for habitually blowing smoke. But I do sometimes think folks go a little overboard ("bonkers") pretending the QC is a POS.

I bought mine fully expecting it to suck. I just couldn't bear the curiosity any longer (and there were rumors of a price hike at the time.) Imagine my surprise when it showed up and kicked ass. :)

I don't have any problem addressing its (IMO minor) weaknesses, or calling out NDSP for habitually blowing smoke. But I do sometimes think folks go a little overboard ("bonkers") pretending the QC is a POS.
Great you got my spoonerism before I could edit it 🤣

I know we are a little harsh but it's also interesting watching people buy the QC and a switch flips where they make it seem like we are bonkers for our arguments.

Glasses Why Dont We Have Both GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

And in all fairness, they do sometimes! Yes, the hate on NDSP can be overwrought and completely indifferent to the things they actually do right.

The smoke-blowing" communication, sadly, still remains in need of a lot of work.

Back