NDSP Quad Cortex

Turning Natalie Portman GIF by foxhorror
It wouldn't be half so glaring if you hadn't bought LITERALLY EVERYTHING ELSE AT LEAST TWICE. :rofl

QC. Better than ToneXâ„¢

Man people get a QC and proceed to just not want to say anything bad about it 🤣

I know we are a little harsh but it's also interesting watching people buy the QC and a flip switches where they make it seem like we are bonkers for our arguments.

I'm glad people are happy with their purchase though!

I didn't really factor that into my decision making.

To be clear, I'm disappointed that NDSP hasn't done much to enhance the product, that they drag their feet on every update, and that they continue to put resources into new plugin development and marketing rather than enhancing the current product.

However I can find fault with almost every other brand (except Line 6 to be honest) and am more than happy to voice my opinion about that too. Just look at my "Fractal Users" thread which was kind of the result of me being pissed off about slow development of the FM3. Of course that resulted in me selling the FM3 and getting an Axe 3, so I'm also not afraid to put my money where my mouth is.

I guess I'm not seeing the upside of re-litigating the same talking point over and over again.

I guess I'm not seeing the upside of re-litigating the same talking point over and over again.
This is a gear forum, it's what we do

Also, it's going to keep getting brought up until they get it right.
However I can find fault with almost every other brand (except Line 6 to be honest) and am more than happy to voice my opinion about that too. Just look at my "Fractal Users" thread which was kind of the result of me being pissed off about slow development of the FM3.
No other brand has dropped the ball nearly as bad as NDSP. I don't think there is even a debate on that. I'm surprised you are cool with the QC if you were upset about slow developments of a fractal device 🤣

To be clear, I'm disappointed that NDSP hasn't done much to enhance the product, that they drag their feet on every update, and that they continue to put resources into new plugin development and marketing rather than enhancing the current product.

However I can find fault with almost every other brand (except Line 6 to be honest) and am more than happy to voice my opinion about that too. Just look at my "Fractal Users" thread which was kind of the result of me being pissed off about slow development of the FM3. Of course that resulted in me selling the FM3 and getting an Axe 3, so I'm also not afraid to put my money where my mouth is.

Aren't we on your 397th time of shopping for an amp :sofa:cop:rofl

Edited for: also
Happy Big Hair GIF by Dolly Parton

But what if they keep giving us new talking points to litigate? :banana

Really, I'd rather discuss progress on the platform, but, uh......well, you know. I abandoned ship June of 2022, and two years later....it doesn't seem like a ton has changed apart from (awesome, I'm sure) QoL improvements.

Aren't we on your 397th time of shopping for an amp :sofa:cop:rofl

In the back of my head, I keep seeing you and @Boudoir Guitar slapping my wrists with a ruler every time I try to buy something cheap :pickle

Truthfully, I might be realizing that I actually don't like amp modelers despite my years of using them exclusively. I've tried all kinds of different headphones and monitors, then solid state combo amps as power amp and cab. Been thinking of selling the Axe 3 too, as I just don't love using it all that much.

I picked up that Orange 1x12 on Monday, now looking at a Rocker 15 head at a local shop. If I can get a decent trade value on my Katana Artist, I may pull the trigger there. Seems like a really cool lower watt amp that I could run cleanish to edge of breakup, then run pedals (or more realistically, the QC or HX Effects) out front. Could also run the QC into the effects return too.

In the back of my head, I keep seeing you and @Boudoir Guitar slapping my wrists with a ruler every time I try to buy something cheap :pickle

Truthfully, I might be realizing that I actually don't like amp modelers despite my years of using them exclusively. I've tried all kinds of different headphones and monitors, then solid state combo amps as power amp and cab. Been thinking of selling the Axe 3 too, as I just don't love using it all that much.

I picked up that Orange 1x12 on Monday, now looking at a Rocker 15 head at a local shop. If I can get a decent trade value on my Katana Artist, I may pull the trigger there. Seems like a really cool lower watt amp that I could run cleanish to edge of breakup, then run pedals (or more realistically, the QC or HX Effects) out front. Could also run the QC into the effects return too.
WE ONLY WANT THE BEST FOR YOU!

Per your comment they're sort of in a lose-lose situation. If they don't keep the plug-in pipeline fresh, I bet people will complain. But in doing so, and ignoring the QC development, they piss off the other contingent. They're trying to be too many things IMO. Plug-in "leaders" (which I think is where they started??), floor/desk modeler (QC)... but then also competing with the capture side (Kemper, Tone X, etc.)

Per your comment they're sort of in a lose-lose situation. If they don't keep the plug-in pipeline fresh, I bet people will complain. But in doing so, and ignoring the QC development, they piss off the other contingent. They're trying to be too many things IMO. Plug-in "leaders" (which I think is where they started??), floor/desk modeler (QC)... but then also competing with the capture side (Kemper, Tone X, etc.)

That’s why I’m confused they dont have a marketplace. They could monetize third party content so easily. Huge revenue stream.

I will say this: I've obviously been through a lot of gear the last 6 or 7 years. But I can't say much of it has been about tonal struggles or fighting. If anything, I've just kinda gotten happier and happier with tones regardless of what modeling platform I'm using at any moment. So I'd say your impulse may be right in terms of "why am I making this such a fight?!?" and trying a very different approach. Sometimes we just gotta boop our life a little :beer

Man people get a QC and proceed to just not want to say anything bad about it 🤣

I know we are a little harsh but it's also interesting watching people buy the QC and a switch flips where they make it seem like we are bonkers for our arguments.

I'm glad people are happy with their purchase though!
I'm not saying it's perfect by any means. (PSU is a joke, lack of flexibility in assigning foot switches to whatever you want, limited effects, etc).

I'm on my fourth one lol and who know how long it will stay. But the bashing just gets old. But I get it, that's what this forum is all about. The memes are fun I won't lie. But eventually, the haterade just overwhelms the actual discussions.

I will say this: I've obviously been through a lot of gear the last 6 or 7 years. But I can't say much of it has been about tonal struggles or fighting. If anything, I've just kinda gotten happier and happier with tones regardless of what modeling platform I'm using at any moment. So I'd say your impulse may be right in terms of "why am I making this such a fight?!?" and trying a very different approach. Sometimes we just gotta boop our life a little :beer

I was generally pretty happy with my tone in headphones, but when my tinnitus got a lot worse I tried to use those less and less. From them I didn’t like using studio monitors as much.

I'm not saying it's perfect by any means. (PSU is a joke, lack of flexibility in assigning foot switches to whatever you want, limited effects, etc).

I'm on my fourth one lol and who know how long it will stay. But the bashing just gets old. But I get it, that's what this forum is all about. The memes are fun I won't lie. But eventually, the haterade just overwhelms the actual discussions.
I think it's also just an overall lack of users. There aren't many on here. Honestly even at the other place there aren't that many. Seems to mostly be in the discord for better or worse

Qc was a novel idea and if line6 or fractal had released it it would be pretty amazing by now.

I think it's also just an overall lack of users. There aren't many on here. Honestly even at the other place there aren't that many. Seems to mostly be in the discord for better or worse
I hate that Discord stuff. It's just one gigantic stream of non-sense. I guess the millenials and gen-z or whatever love it.

Fourth! Impressive! :D

Back