Quad Cortex PCOM (Plugin COMpatibility) slated by Q2 2024

Would be amazing if so, but I searched and didn't see a Headfirst or Jason Tong as a member/poster, nor did I see an AMA post from him either. I'm probably just overlooking something obvious.

Either way, he's got some of the best QC captures in the game, and gives so many so freely.
I might be confused :bag:wat

Kind of a broken record on this, but I stopped messing with the QC Marshall models at all once I discovered the Cloud captures from Headfirst Amplification. Maybe that guy (Jason Tong) is a capturing savant and gets the impedance curves down better than anyone. Maybe he's just a savant at modding different Marshalls to bring out the best in them. Probably both. Either way, his rather extensive collection of captures covers pretty much everything in the Marshall gain or tone spectrum I've ever wanted. Definitely the thing I miss most about owning a QC....

That's cool, I will check his captures out, thanks!

Well, @Burger , you are the absolute man when it comes to free Quad Cortex captures. And no lie...if I were in the market for a tube amp AT ALL, your Alta would be among the very top choices I'd consider. I don't currently have a QC, but thanks for adding so much value to the platform anyway.

Jason Tong is here as @Burger
GIF by The Jerry Springer Show

I would probably own a QC if it wasn't for the delays and missing features and amps promised at launch. I have to be careful because I got banned from TGP for slating NDSP, but I'll just say that the way the company operates is not attractive to me - continually developing and releasing plugins whilst delaying promised features is a bit shady IMO. The fact that the SLO100 plugin apparently sounds better than the QC model absolutely stinks. It's a shame because their amps generally sound stellar, and the captures sound fantastic as well.

I would probably own a QC if it wasn't for the delays and missing features and amps promised at launch. I have to be careful because I got banned from TGP for slating NDSP, but I'll just say that the way the company operates is not attractive to me - continually developing and releasing plugins whilst delaying promised features is a bit shady IMO. The fact that the SLO100 plugin apparently sounds better than the QC model absolutely stinks. It's a shame because their amps generally sound stellar, and the captures sound fantastic as well.

:rofl :rofl:rofl

You do not have to be careful here when it comes to shitting on NDSP.

I have to admit, it made me wonder if some of the NDSP team have some influence when it comes to the moderation on TGP.

Hahahahaha the owners of this forum and a good number of our members were banned for the same thing you were. There has been plenty of speculation over that very thing for a couple years now.

You have come to the perfect place!
Here you can slate them all you want, and folks will love you for it
Well I think that all they care about is money. Certain amps don't sound right? They can fix that, but they'll release the improved amp model as a plugin or as one of their own amps in a suite. Noisy power supply? This has been magically fixed, so it must be operator error. Loads of stuff promised at launch still not delivered? Here, take a look at this plugin! We have different teams, and care more about generating as much $$$ as possible. Pretty scummy way to treat people.

Well I think that all they care about is money. Certain amps don't sound right? They can fix that, but they'll release the improved amp model as a plugin or as one of their own amps in a suite. Noisy power supply? This has been magically fixed, so it must be operator error. Loads of stuff promised at launch still not delivered? Here, take a look at this plugin! We have different teams, and care more about generating as much $$$ as possible. Pretty scummy way to treat people.
Welcome
You should start a new thread about this.

I own a QC and my needs are ok at this time. I hope they speed up the updates in the future

Welcome
You should start a new thread about this.

I own a QC and my needs are ok at this time. I hope they speed up the updates in the future
Fair enough. The amps and captures do sound great, and the ability to run captures and models is unmatched in the hardware world. I really wish some of the other stuff wasn't an issue, because I would almost certainly have one by now.

Fair enough. The amps and captures do sound great, and the ability to run captures and models is unmatched in the hardware world. I really wish some of the other stuff wasn't an issue, because I would almost certainly have one by now.
Capture+capture+capture and so on in the same preset. This is the game changing thing about it.
I love that option, and it just sounds nice and is easy to use. My fav unit i`ve ever owned, even with the slow updates.
It`s just fun to be able to put in captures of amps, cabs, plugins, drives, od`s into my QC.
It`s missing some things, but mine is full of things that was not in the unit when i got it.
I got 2000 captures + all the factory captures :chef

My fav unit i`ve ever owned, even with the slow updates.
Ditto, and at this point I've owned all the major platforms.

I've been inching my way through the Fractal learning curve, and I'm finally nearing the point where "this is absolute madness" (e.g. the overcomplicated distinction between Scenes and Channels and their respective capabilities; miles of MIDI mapping to support dumb controllers we should have abandoned in the early 90's, and mostly did) gives way to "wow, this is actually pretty brilliant" (e.g. Performance Pages; Stand-in Switches; Modifiers if I'm ever feeling smart enough to actually use them...) But I still wouldn't trade my QC for an FM3, or even an FM9. The ease of use, wireless capture downloads, and I/O per square foot put it way out front for my purposes. I'm lucky to be able to have both (and that's where I'm currently leaning), but if I had to choose? QC without hesitation.

Back