NDSP (finally) announces plugin support for the Quad Cortex

Plugins have become an albatross for the QC.

It was once a primary selling point, but it’s really only served to be a development bottleneck.

One would think that a company who's bread and butter is plugins should've figured these out after three years, but... alas.

Last edited:
cbc kc GIF by Kim's Convenience

QC2 will have all of this sorted out. Y'all just be patient.

I actually think there is some truth to this. As good as the QC is (despite its flaws) I think Neurals killer device will be the followup, where they can leverage what they’ve learned with the QC but with their software and feature sets in a more mature and developed state.

Can they release a follow-up, though? They've barely made full use of the current platform.

A QC variant (rack, stomp-sized, etc.) is much more likely IMHO, but who knows.

I actually think there is some truth to this. As good as the QC is (despite its flaws) I think Neurals killer device will be the followup, where they can leverage what they’ve learned with the QC but with their software and feature sets in a more mature and developed state.

Same laughable power supply, high noise floor, and "meh!" touchscreen, tho?

Many guitarists work around those things to get some righteous tones. I'm guessing you use something entirely different or...nothing at all.

Sure, but I think righteous tones are commodotized table stakes these days, and you gotta bring something more. They need to get the mixed bag hardware aspects like wifi, touchscreen, power supply and noise floor sorted for any future hardware SKUs.

I don't know about you, but for me this lost its appeal after trawling through enough captures on the NDSP cloud. Not because they weren't good, but because like with 300+ amp models, you eventually realize that not all of them are that unique and swapping cabs would do more than swapping amps.

QC would be a great box if you have a sizable amp collection of your own and don't want to haul your prized amps to a gig but a more than good enough digital replica.

IMO QC as a product is good, it's just NeuralDSP the company that is holding it back. If it had been released this year in its current condition, I think it would have been more positively received, since it now at least has less major issues. With the editor and plugin support "right around the corner", people would be more willing to give NeuralDSP some slack about it.
Yes a lot of amps sound the same, I agree. And I have been saying for some time `how many sounds does a Jcm800 have` you roll of the guitar volum and there is your clean, and roll it up to get the crunch, and it takes pedals
I found out that I really like Bogner, Mesa, Revv, Recto amps

For all the other stuff, I agree

Back