NMD: NDSP Quad Cortex

Interesting on the Recto. I have heard a couple of really good clips from it (from who I have no idea at this point) but it always got a bit of shade out of the other amp models. Which is another red flag for my tastes?
people always moan about rectifier models, myself included. I think with modellers especially it’s so easy to run the master too high and assume the model sounds bad when the real amp would sound just as crap.

Last time I tested it, my Recto+React IR was basically the same as the qc model. The Recto+Suhr sounded brighter than the QC. Safe to say no resistive loads were abused in their modelling process

Does this mean that, on the screen, a particular control will be highlighted in a color, and the footswitch encoder that changes that control will be illuminated with the same color?

If so, that’s cool. I don’t remember the behavior when I had one, but I do remember having difficulty making those connections—which encoder changes which control. I was constantly counting foot switches to correspond by number.

Yes, although it’s all one colour, depending if it’s an amp or which certain type of effect you’re adjusting (which the colours are mostly copied from L6).

Adjusting an amp (sorry I like it dark down here :LOL:):

IMG_4953.jpeg

Adjusting a tape delay:

IMG_4954.jpeg

Adjusting a drive:

IMG_4955.jpeg

Yes, although it’s all one colour, depending if it’s an amp or which certain type of effect you’re adjusting (which the colours are mostly copied from L6).

Adjusting an amp (sorry I like it dark down here :LOL:):

View attachment 14549

Adjusting a tape delay:

View attachment 14550

Adjusting a drive:

View attachment 14551
Ah, so not quite what I imagined. I imagined purple on screen, purple LED on the encoder. Another control would be blue on screen with a blue LED on the corresponding encoder, and so on.

Yeah I never quite adjusted to connecting the screen to the foot switch encoders.

I dont own a QC and havent used one a great deal, but I found the built in models to be basically on par with their plugins and (for me) better than the captures. I'm always a little surprised that people prefer the captures to the models, when NDSP's background is making machine learned models of real amps.

I had an early one so minimal fx and amps
I will say IMO the Freidman HBE w boost in front was stellar as was the Jcm800 and 5153red
Great feel , tight lows but not sterile
Punchy mids , great harmonics and could go into a very natural feedback , really good stuff as good as the Fractal maybe better on the Freidman at that time
Was it more authentic who knows but it killed:

Yeah, the Friedman is pretty awesome, thanks for the recommendation!
Playing with it now. :rawk

I should give the amp models more time, for sure, @MirrorProfiles .

James Freeman would need a lot of tape
I love it 😍 very festive

Ha, well I actually taped over my FM9 tap tempo light, too. Drove me nuts that you couldn’t shut it off.

(Thankfully the QC’s turns off easily).

The QC UI drove me crazy in some ways and I didn’t find it any better than anything else out there for creating presets. And I found it far worse for performing.

And I was so disappointed in the models in my mind it doesn’t do both modeling and Captures, it only does Captures. And the fact there is no real 3rd party market for those makes them very limited in usefulness for me.

If every modeler on the planet cost the same amount it would easily be my last choice. I would take a TMP over one any day

Back