NDSP Quad Cortex

QC at todays gig, first one where I need “sounds”. Soundcheck was promising, wee bit of levelthingies.

IMG_2033.jpeg

Even smarter than that is getting that level of processing power in that form factor, which no one else has shown either the inclination or ability to nail.

Four years later, and I think that - more than any marketing hype or promise of plugin integration - is what sets them apart in a good way. That actual piece of equipment is still uniquely well engineered.
I have said it before if they have a smaller lower priced option I would probably grab it , I don’t really want to spend 1698 on one because I don’t really need it with the FM9, but smaller form same GUI models and captures for $999 I would probably bite again
Especially now that cortex control is out , and Pcom is coming very soon
I think that would be a buy now
Bonus points if they did something w the grounding power supply irritation

Fractal by comparison is woefully out of date even with some of their own product pages.

Yeah the website/store/exchange looks straight 1998 AOL. You’d have no idea it’s a powerhouse. (Beyond word of mouth or the artist list) Fractal would be well served to put a fresh coat of paint on all user facing pages, and to get a young kid running their social media. Id be surprised with the high ratio of geeks to users on their platform if they couldnt easily recruit a handful of audio/video people to develop some sleek content for them.

We need a tablet editor, plug-in player, new website, and some sweet promos of people playing FM9’s in sandals by the pool.

Yeah the website/store/exchange looks straight 1998 AOL. You’d have no idea it’s a powerhouse. (Beyond word of mouth or the artist list) Fractal would be well served to put a fresh coat of paint on all user facing pages, and to get a young kid running their social media. Id be surprised with the high ratio of geeks to users on their platform if they couldnt easily recruit a handful of audio/video people to develop some sleek content for them.

We need a tablet editor, plug-in player, new website, and some sweet promos of people playing FM9’s in sandals by the pool.
And yet, somehow they managed to do just fine without all of this garbage. Wow!

And yet, somehow they managed to do just fine without all of this garbage. Wow!
How do you know though? They’re not a publicly traded company. They could be burning through cash and losing money on every unit. Not saying that’s the case. But only Cliff really knows.

Back