Quad Cortex (A Love Story) Round 2

Yeah updating to 2.1.1 as we speak.

I haven’t really ventured much past The Midnight presets and Aborted Hotub Haiku in the last day.

Anyone got some other cool presets to try?

The Myth Drive is the undisputed champion of OD’s for high gain presets on the QC. Slap that joker in front of a 5150/5153 with the gain at 0.5 and level at 8.0 and roll. (I’ve noticed that tonally something happens with the gain just barely on versus entirely off like normal) Doesn’t sound like most Klon Klones I’ve used, but it really pairs great with any high gain model.
Try my captures (I recommend the Dual Rec, Stealth, and Grano ones)

@Whizzinby In the meantime, have you found enough reasons to adequately hate the device and send it back?

I’ve had two minor blips, all around wifi, one where the signal showed as weak (despite being in the same spot as always) and it wouldn’t bring up my cloud library, and another where it spun and froze trying to load a cloud preset. Had to exit out and reboot.

On the bright side it hasn’t logged me out of my cloud account yet. That used to be my minor annoyance, having to log back in to my account a bit too frequently.

Haven’t had enough time this week to do a real deep dive, just some quick spurts of playing. I’ll do my best to find more to hate this weekend. :ROFLMAO:

I’ve had two minor blips, all around wifi, one where the signal showed as weak (despite being in the same spot as always) and it wouldn’t bring up my cloud library, and another where it spun and froze trying to load a cloud preset. Had to exit out and reboot.

On the bright side it hasn’t logged me out of my cloud account yet. That used to be my minor annoyance, having to log back in to my account a bit too frequently.

Haven’t had enough time this week to do a real deep dive, just some quick spurts of playing. I’ll do my best to find more to hate this weekend. :ROFLMAO:

Definitely lucky with the not being logged out thing, the newest update seems to have triggered that to start happening with people it never happened to before.

Definitely lucky with the not being logged out thing, the newest update seems to have triggered that to start happening with people it never happened to before.
Oh yeah I have to login every single time a turn on the QC.

Looking for Drew out my window

Thriller Peeking GIF by UMC - Stream Black Better

Oh yeah I have to login every single time a turn on the QC.
The Wi-Fi implementation is definitely shoddy - no two ways about it. But to put this in perspective, I'd amend to: "Oh yeah I have to login every single time I turn on the QC and need to use cloud functionality for some reason." (And it's not even that often for me - seems to be a 50/50 proposition. Which certainly ain't great.) A bunch of people are angry that the QC requires you be connected to the cloud at all times (absolutely not a requirement), and a bunch of other people are angry that the Wi-Fi h/w doesn't make it easier to be connected to the cloud at all times. I literally never think about the Wi-Fi functionality* except when I'm looking for a capture, making a backup, or upgrading firmware. Most of the time, it's a standalone box.

*I also never think about latency, CPU usage, whether the touchscreen is as responsive as my iPhone, or any of the other things that a bunch of people are angry about.

I was going to clarify by adding, "...because it works fine regardless" or something to that effect. But everybody here already knows I love the thing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah no doubt. However, part of the fun to me is exploring the cloud for captures or presets. It's such a pain to login in every time. And that's not exaggerating. I've yet to turn my QC on and not have to login.

But you are right it isn't required but still is very much an issue that needs fixed. It's not something that will make me return it.

Yup, every time I turn the QC on for me. Didn't have this issue before. Now, the connecting to Wi-Fi is much improved at least lol
Ahh, so it might be the latest FW.. maybe you have to chose if you want `strong WiFI` or `stay logged in` :rofl
jk/

Yeah no doubt. However, part of the fun to me is exploring the cloud for captures or presets. It's such a pain to login in every time. And that's not exaggerating. I've yet to turn my QC on and not have to login.

But you are right it isn't required but still is very much an issue that needs fixed. It's not something that will make me return it.
Fair enough. “Shoddy” and “50/50” aren’t exactly aspirational terms lol.

Here’s a weird thing: I thought you had already returned or sold yours. Are you on #2 (no poop emojis, folks) or am I just confused?

Back