New Mesa Mark amp coming?

I love mine, even though it has a weird issue with the lead drive bleeding into the clean channel after it heats up to a certain point. I've mitigated it quite a bit by making space in the rack above and below the SYN2; whereas it used to kick in to the point of making the clean channel unusable by an hour or so, it now is still crystal clean at 2 hours and only starting to creep in at 3 hours, but still sounds good.

Probably some victim of the parts shortage or something. Went through 2 others from sweetwater, all 3 have the same exact behavior. Working with Blad from BAD now, but not expecting much at this point.

Maybe one of those rack fan units would do the trick the rest of the way?

Back to the Mark VII - if the IICP didn't do the job, I'd be getting a second job to get one. :headbang
This is nuts. Did they fix this or are all of the IIC modules like this? (Not that I would ever play clean anyway but still :sofa :rofl )

This is nuts. Did they fix this or are all of the IIC modules like this? (Not that I would ever play clean anyway but still :sofa :rofl )

Not so far. Blad from BAD is relaying stuff to the engineers, but so far nothing.

Sweetwater would take it back, and really they did everything with trying 3 different units. I just like the damn thing despite it's flaw. And would rather have it than not. It gets the sound that my Mark V 25 could not.

Why a mkIIB mode on the new amp? I had a IIB and remember how underwhelming it was. The IIc+ was the holy grail big hit. What worked up to it, very meh. The MKI was a bit revolutionary so I get that. IIRC the "big deal" about the IIB was its (very primitive) channel switching. Maybe they're just running out of things to market and short on innovation.

Wait.......kinda like a Les Paul??? It's OK to live on a name and a great product. Just don't ruin it with the amp equivalent of robot tuners (literally NO ONE wants the cab clone. Yet to hear one person who thinks it sounds good). A slave out, sure.

This amp probably should have been part of the MKV line.

It's confusing to me that people label 5150's as "generic" metal amps, like it's a pejorative against them.

What does "generic" mean in this context, exactly? If an amp is so suited to a genre or certain kind of tonal goal that there's nothing about it to "correct" on the way to getting that sound, wouldn't it be more appropriate to say the amp is "ideal" for that sound instead of "generic?"

I've heard the same thing about the REVV Generator 120 Mk III and couldn't agree more.

Why a mkIIB mode on the new amp? I had a IIB and remember how underwhelming it was. The IIc+ was the holy grail big hit. What worked up to it, very meh. The MKI was a bit revolutionary so I get that. IIRC the "big deal" about the IIB was its (very primitive) channel switching. Maybe they're just running out of things to market and short on innovation.

Wait.......kinda like a Les Paul??? It's OK to live on a name and a great product. Just don't ruin it with the amp equivalent of robot tuners (literally NO ONE wants the cab clone. Yet to hear one person who thinks it sounds good). A slave out, sure.

This amp probably should have been part of the MKV line.

Well IIB mode seems to sound amazing based on the clips and mark 1 mode on the V was a shit sandwich so :idk

Wicker :love
000000118722827-00-720x720.jpg

Dear baby jesus all these el84 loaded 25 and 35 watt Mark Turds gtfo out of my search results I don't want you :poop::hmm

Back