New Mesa Mark amp coming?

Thin, buzzy, bloated, lacks definition, expensive, uncontrollably loud, needlessly replaced a better predecessor, made by Gibson.
:poop:/5

It sure is neat that you can hear how "uncontrollably loud" something is from a youtube video played back at whatever volume you have your own stereo set for. Hey can I start saying every amp I've arbitrarily decided not to like is "uncontrollably loud" too?

It's also neat that you think its predecessor was "better." Can you describe the differences you heard and felt when you directly compared these amps (which you've definitely done, right)?

It's ALSO neat that you think this amp was "made by Gibson" when it began its development years before Gibson bought Mesa, and was already being finalized by the time Gibson signed the paperwork.

Last edited:
It sure is neat that you can hear how "uncontrollably loud" something is from a youtube video played back at whatever volume you have your own stereo set for. Hey can I start saying every amp I've arbitrarily decided not to like is "uncontrollably loud" too?

It's also neat that you think its predecessor was "better." Can you describe the differences you heard and felt when you directly compared these amps (which you've definitely done, right)?

It's ALSO neat that you think this amp was "made by Gibson" when it began its development years before Gibson bought Mesa, and was already being finalized by the time Gibson signed the paperwork.
He was joking... trying to talk himself out of buying it.

Come on now, that was a joke.

stripes lighten GIF

I don’t care what anyone says at this point, that amp sounds awesome, and I’ve done my absolute best to stop from ordering it. (Luckily the stupid price for amps helps cure the GAS)

Last edited:
Thin, buzzy, bloated, lacks definition, expensive, uncontrollably loud, needlessly replaced a better predecessor, made by Gibson.
:poop:/5

I agree. Some I feel are being "prisoners of the moment" and seduced by the novelty of the new when it is a lesser offering
than its predecessors. :stirthepot

The MKV and JP2C are proven commodities at this point. MKVII has to earn its street cred and a few YT videos is not
going to accomplish that.

Last edited:
Hah then it looks like I've been got. :D

In my defense, I've just seen too many identical posts on Another Forum that sincerely mirrors those thoughts exactly and I got tired of hearing that nonsense lol.

In fairness, we don't really know if it is nonsense or not at this point. It could be nonsense. Or some of the
skeptical among us could be on to something. ::idk

Give us a year to see how this all plays out, then we can determine more accurately how the models compare against one another.

MKV vs. MKVII Cagematch. It's on!!

200.gif

In fairness, we don't really know if it is nonsense or not at this point. It could be nonsense. Or some of the
skeptical among us could be on to something. ::idk

Give us a year to see how thisall plays out, then we can determine more accurately how the models compare against one another.

MKV vs. MKVII Cagematch. It's on!!

200.gif
Come To Me Bring It On GIF by Team Coco

Some love the MKIV over the Mrak V and they are not wrong. Some still prefer the MKIII, and the legend of the
MKIIC+ will never die.

Newer is not always better. It is novel, though, and we as humans are often seduced by that Great Temptress,
for good and ill.

Some love the MKIV over the Mrak V and they are not wrong. Some still prefer the MKIII, and the legend of the
MKIIC+ will never die.

Newer is not always better. It is novel, though, and we as humans are often seduced by that Great Temptress,
for good and ill.
Agreed completely. Really to all of this. Even if I am still riddled with (ir)rational GAS :rofl

Back